Chapter 9 // This one's for you

"Do you think she knows?" a voice said quietly. This hushed tone was practically an incentive for me to listen even closer. Who was talking?

Whoever it was, they thought I was asleep. So I couldn't turn around from my top bunk and try and see. Currently I was "asleep" facing the wall, and mysterious people were behind me speaking.

I listened closer as the other person bantered back. "Yeah, well; still. Do I tell her, or let her find out herself?"

The other boy grimaced. I instantly recognized his voice, Braden. "I wouldn't tell her Zack, Chloe's really busy right now. You know - with the whole world series thing. Just let her figure it out herself, theres tons of boys here so im sure she doesn't want to be tied down." Braden said.

Oh my god, was Zack planning to tell me he liked me? I rolled my eyes in my bed and whispered "Dear Lord, please help me" before remembering; I was supposed to be asleep!

"Shoot! You don't think she heard that do you?" Zack said, jumping out of whatever he was sitting on.

"Nah man, she was so out of it." He replied, his footsteps coming closer to my bunk.

He softly shook me, and I pretended to wearily wake up. My eyes blinked open slowly, and I rubbed the corners of them before blinking normally.

Braden nodded," Have a good sleep?"

I laughed, "Probably the best i'll be getting in awhile with all of you as my roommates."

Zack cupped his hand and blew into it dramatically. "Braden got roasted!"

I smiled and shrugged, pulling my blonde hair into a messy bun. "What can I say?"

Braden rolled his eyes and smirked. "Shut it, Wagner."

As if the mention of my last name was a cue, Cole, Jaden and Adam came into the room.

"Sup sleeping beauty" Cole gestured to me, nodding his head. He then added seriously, "we gotta roll guys. My dad wants us to start practice."

I rolled my eyes, leave it to my dad to be the kill-joy. "Seriously? It's like nine in the morning!"

Jaden grinned and clicked on his phone. "Actually it's three, but you were close."

"She's been out for awhile." Braden answered, making my case look decent.

"Regardless - you coming Chlo?" Cole asked, tapping his id card anxiously.

I didn't really want to watch practice, but I knew it meant a lot to Cole. Plus, a part of me wanted to see Jaden.

"Yeah, just let me make myself presentable."

I hopped down from the bunk and when I noticed all of the guys were still standing there - I made a shooing motion with my hands.

"Um, I need to change."

They all mouthed "oooh" and quickly got the message.

I threw on light rolled jeans, white converse, and a Red Land Little League shirt. It was one of my favorites - and it obviously said Wagner on the back.

My hair looked pretty decent in the bun, so that could stay. I grabbed a mirror out of my mess of a suitcase and checked my face. I applied mascara, did a subtle winged liner, and powerded my face a little. It looked okay.

I then grabbed my cute ID card with my picture on it, and my phone, and swung the door open.

"Let's go!" Braden shouted, causing everyone to jump up.

I smiled and shook my head at the lack of enthusiasm they had to go to practice.

We started to walk down the hall and I saw a ton of guys chilling in the end of our hall. Their jerseys said "West" and I had no clue what state they were from.

Cole nodded his head at them, and some of the other boys did the same or offered waves.

I smiled, and a couple winked. God, some baseball players were such flirts. As we walked past one said rather loudly, "Call me!!"

I rolled my eyes and kept walking, he was cute though.

"Hey!" Jaden said, sliding in beside me and distracting my thoughts.

"hey - you excited?" I asked, looking into his eyes. He had the most perfect brown eyes that I found it impossible to look away from. Once I glanced at him, there was no going back.

He laughed softly, melting my heart; and shrugged. "Eh, kinda. I'd rather just hang for the first day - I mean, we're in Orlando. But we need to practice, so what are you gonna do?"

I nodded, watching as he effortlessly took his hat off, "fixed" his hair, and put his hat back on.

Without thinking, I blurted. "You should wear a hat off more often, your hair looks really good like that."

He turned and gave me a sly smile, making me blush even more than I was. "You really think so?"

"I really do," I said and the look on his face made me start giggling.

He cautiously wrapped a hand around my waist, and let his hand linger as he awaited my approval. Such a gentleman. I situated his hand on my waist and pulled in closer to him, which caused his eyes to crease and his mouth to grin.

"Well then, I guess this one's for you." Jaden winked, taking his hat off and holding it in his free hand.

I blushed, was this really happening? I was falling in love with someone I had never realized I had feelings for. The weirder part was, I think he liked me too?

"I guess it is." I said, grin spreading ear to ear. I could see the sports arenas getting closer, and my heart wanted to cry.

This was such a perfect moment, and I didn't want to lose it. The sky was bright blue, typical orlando fashion, and the heat was making me want to change into shorts.

"Ugh, I don't want to leave you during practice." Jaden said scornfully, pouting his lips.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." I said with a sigh. He was too cute.

"Don't worry though, I'll sit in the dugout or something so we can at least be close to each-other."

Jaden nodded, cueing the idea was good. "Okay, I'd like that."

"Well then, I guess this one's for you?" I said, grinning widely at how this was already becoming our inside thing.

His expression warmed and his eyes perked up. "Darn right it is."