Chapter 2// All fun and no Games

"Wow, Cole we are just really, really, truly"

"Alright mom, don't get too emotional here," Cole laughed, trying to keep my mom from bursting in tears right then and there at this party.

Everyone laughed and she wiped a few tears. "We are extremely proud of you, and this amazing team! No matter what happens at the world series - we're so proud of you!"

I smiled and raised my glass with no actual alcohol in it, and toasted along with everyone else.

Braden smiled just then and cleared his throat, "I'd just like to give a special thank you to all my fans out there- I love everyone of you and -"

"Alright bud let's not get too carried away," Jake said and gave Braden a pat on the back.

Everyone laughed and we all started conversations and headed outside.

The parents wanted us to go outside so they could have a much needed "adult time" considering we'd all be together for the next week or so.

We all went outside and got in the trampoline, it was honestly one of our favorite things to do.

After we got bored of bouncing, we all sat down on the trampoline and just kinda chilled.

"Can you believe it? Like, we're seriously going somwhere.. Somewhere big," Cole said with a huge grin painted on his face.

The boys met him with equally serious and happy looks.

"Well, I wouldn't want to do it with any other team, that's for sure," Jaden said, he was met with choruses of nods.

"I'm just proud to say that I know you all, and support all of you - cause obviously i'm not on the team," I said.

"Awww" Braden gushed.

"We're happy to have you Chloe," Zack said and wrapped his arm around me. I met his face with a smile and for some reason felt the strong urge to lay my head on his chest. It was the perfect moment and everything felt so right, and then
I realized the other boys were there.

Zack and I both realized what was happening at the same time and coughed and awkwardly slid apart from one another. Awkward.

Jaden looked at us with a blank stare, and Braden and Adam looked like they'd never seen anything so confusing before.

Cole broke the silence by jokingly putting his hands between us and giving Zack a slight glare, "haha, that's my sister,"

"Sooo, who's up for a game of spin the bottle??" Braden asked, and everyone rolled their eyes obviously knowing he was kidding.

"You better pucker up chloe," Braden said and blew me a kiss.

I laughed and caught the kiss, touching my heart with it. "Seriously though what should we do?"

"Xbox??" Jaden asked, I groaned, but obviously outnumbered; and the boys hopped out of the trampoline one by one, I finally got out and Jaden was waiting for me holding open the net gate.

I took his hand a hopped out, "Thanks, also, Xbox?? Really??"

He grinned and shrugged, "it's a crowd favorite,"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah well you guys deserve it,"

we walked to the house and I realized we were still holding hands. I cleared my throat and he looked at me, and dropped my hand.

I reached to push the door open, and he shut it with his hand.

"Wait, That 'thing' between you and Zack, whatever it was.. that wasn't like, real.. was it?" He asked, looking at the ground and fidgeting. He took his hat off and put it back on, something I noticed he did when nervous.

I looked into his mesmerizing brown eyes, and put my hand on his chin. "No, no, I mean, I don't think so. It was just him complimenting me, and me you know, being nice back."

I said, questioning how much of it was really true. "Oh, is that how compliments work?" He grinned, adding. "Well I think you look beautiful,"

I felt myself blush, and kissed him on the cheek.

I guess that's how compliments work.

{A/N: WOAH who do you want Chloe to end up with??? Mixed emotions here... 💗}