Chapter 12

A/N: thank you guys so much for sticking by me while ive been really busy (and had terrible writers block.) ilysm & i hope you enjoy!!

It was two hours before the boys first game, and they were due back from their last practice before the game. I was chilling in the lobby with Ben, waiting for them to get back.

"So," Ben said with a soft chuckle, his mouth turning into a grin as he ran a hand slowly through his hair.

"I just thought I'd let you know that you've been pretty talked about in the grove lately."

He said this nonchalantly, as if I would expect that. I rose an eye brow, my heart starting to thud. Why would they be talking about me?

"You look confused," Ben said with a suspicious eyebrow raise.

"Could I ask why people have been talking about me?" I stated, pushing a lock of hair nervously behind my ear.

"Well, they've been talking about how uh.. nice looking you are - to put it simply." He said, winking at me.

I felt my heart flutter, this kid was such a flirt and I wanted so badly not to like him - but it was so hard.

"Oh my, you've got to be kidding. Seriously?" I asked, laughing at myself. Why would any group of guys talk about me like that? I honestly did not find myself pretty.

He nodded, "Yup. Don't get me wrong, they're totally right; but I just thought you'd like to know."

"Is that a compliment?" I asked, teasing him and grinning as he started to blush.

"It is if you want it to be. They only know your face though, I know your personality and everything - which may be even better." Ben said, sitting back on the couch and starting to stretch his arms out as he looked at the door.

Before I had time to thank him, he got off the couch and started to walk away. "Hey - that's my cue. See ya around Wagner,"

He saluted and turned away, I shook my head and smiled to myself.

I turned around and saw what he meant by his "Cue", Jaden, Cole and Braden were back.

"Hey guys!" I said, hopping off the couch and greeting them.

"Chloe! Heyy," Braden said cooly, swinging his lanyard on his arm.

"Was that Gottfried?" Braden added, gesturing to the direction of where Ben had just walked too.

Braden and Cole had started to walk ahead of myself and Jaden, and I saw Jaden's face and arm muscles tense. I took his hand and mouthed "It was nothing,"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

Braden laughed his laugh which usually made me smile, but now made me nervous. "The boy's crazy 'bout you, you're all he ever talks about when we hangout. Isnt that right Cole?"

Cole shook his head earnestly, "Sadly, just be careful around him Chlo."

I laughed flatly. "Trust me, I'm not interested."

We got to the elevator when Jaden took my arm. "Hey Chloe and I are going to get a drink- meet you guys upstairs!"

He walked down the hallway and waited to talk to me until the elevator closed.

"Seriously Chloe, Did you have to hang out with Ben?" He asked, more like groaned.

"Is someone jealous? But really babe, it was nothing, and it if makes you feel better I wont hangout with him alone anymore; okay?" I said, putting my hand on Jadens cheek and smiling.

He rolled his eyes, his frown escaping into a grin. "You honestly always know how to make me feel better,"

He pulled me in for a quick kiss, and I found myself smiling at Jaden. After a few moments he noticed and shrugged. "Did I do something?"

"You're just so cute, and I'm honestly so lucky to have you."

Jaden took my hand in his and smiled his million dollar smile. "That's exactly how I feel about you. All these years, I didn't even realize how madly in love with you I was. It's crazy."

"It really is."

**

Post-Game

I ran into the dugout, jumping into Jaden's arms. He accepted my hug, wrapping his hands around my back. He was sweaty, and smelled of grass - but it was so comforting.

"I'm so proud of you, you were amazing."

He winked, "Thanks Chloe - couldn't of done it without you."

I turned to go hug my brother, who graciously accepted the hug. Cole took a picture with me, as requested by my dad - and then I took one of myself hugging Jaden.

It was a great night.