Chapter 7/ Intentional or Nonintentional?

I handed the coach driver my luggage, and climbed onto the bus. It was strictly for Red Land Little League, and would be taking us to the complex where we would be staying. The length of our stay was, obviously, determined by how well the boys played. I had so much faith in them, and hoped they would win it all.

I sat in a seat close to the middle, and seconds after I sat down Braden sat next to me. "Hey there, Chloe."

I smiled, looking to meet Braden's large grin. He had such perfect teeth and such pretty eyes. It made me remember when I used to like him about a year ago. After that, I vowed never to like someone on Cole's team again.

I was doing good, until recently when I might be developing feelings for Jaden.

"You look.. awfully happy?" Braden said inquisitively, making my cheeks blush.

Maybe it was from the fact that just ten minutes ago I had accidentaly called Jaden babe and he was tolerant of it. Not only that, he.. accepted it?

My feelings were still mixed, I was happy and excited and confused.

"Yes! I mean, who wouldn't be? We're in Florida." I covered, attempting to play it cool.

He pursed his lips and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, okay. Seriously, what's got you all happy go lucky?"

Of course, Braden could see right through me. I just wasn't sure if I could tell him. For several reasons.

He was one of my brothers best friends, and I did not want Braden telling Cole that I was sort of falling for Jaden. He could also potentially tell Jaden, which would be bad.

He noticed me thinking hard about this, and probably saw my nervous fidgeting with my hair. "Chloe, you can trust me. I just wanna know what's up."  Braden said in a whisper.

I nodded. I could trust Braden. I tried repeating that to myself until I fully believed it. It wasn't that I couldn't trust him, it was just that he sometimes had a tendency to say too much.

"Alright, well if you must know," I paused, glancing around the empty bus for any possible listeners, "I think I like Jaden.. or something along those lines."

I said quickly, confusion evident in my tone. His expression went from confused to a smile.

"Oh, that would definitely explain it. I figured you liked someone - I just wasn't sure who. Seem's like someone else has got the hots for you though.." Braden said with a nervous look.

What?! It couldn't be anyone on the team, for sure. "Wait what are you talking about?"

He looked taken a back, and furred his eyebrows. "Um, you didn't notice?"

I shook my head, vividly trying to recounter my most recent interactions with the team.

Oh my god. Zack.

"No, oh my god.. Braden are you serious?" I said, putting my hand on his shoulder and gasping into the other hand.

He nodded, "if you're thinking Zack, then yes.."

It made sense. Zack had been overly sweet to me. He always was nice and protective, but recently more so than usual. Every time we talked, or did anything, really, Jaden would get this look of fury on his face.

Was it that obvious? Did everyone realize it other than me?! "Is it.. Obvious?"

Braden nodded quickly, putting a hand around my shoulder. "To everyone but you and Cole, basically."

I felt so stupid.

"It doesn't look like I like him back though, right?" I said, my voice starting to break. My thoughts were so clouded and I felt suffocated.

"Chloe - I, I don't know what to say.. I mean, I thought you had feelings for Zack; that's why I asked." Braden admitted, and after seeing my sullen reaction, wrapping me in a hug.

"Thank you for telling me, I was so oblivious  to his flirting - and to me flirting back, I guess."

Braden nodded, "Hey it's no problem, just doing what any friend should do."

"What do I do though? I can't hurt Zack, not now - not before you have a huge set of baseball games to play." I admitted, adding; "I also can't play Jaden by protecting Zack's feelings though.."

Braden's eyes sparked, "well, you could try and get Jaden to ask you out; and then just explain to Zack."

"True, but that'd hurt his feelings too much.." I sighed, life was hard.

"Yeah, or you could just let Jaden and Zack battle it out themselves. You know, then you won't be letting Zack down. Plus, if he's really a good friend, he won't be mad if you go with Jaden."

I nodded, that was actually a good idea. "Yes, that's brilliant! Oh my gosh, thank you so much BK!" I said, throwing my arms around him happily.

"Another random question, but uh - have you ever had feelings for The Braden Kolmansberger?"

I laughed and looked at him with a playful smirk. He had just helped me, so why not give a little information. "If you must know, then yes; last year."

Braden's eyes widened and he blew me a kiss, winking. "If you ever feel an urge, I'm always single.."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "You're too full of it, but seriously; thank you."
The boys started to come onto the bus and Braden whispered, "there's your boy!"

I shushed him and rolled my eyes, winking playfully. "You're the best Braden."

He nodded, "Darn right."

Braden got up, and sat in the seat in front of me next to Cole. "Cole, guess who might have some feelings for me?"

Cole shrugged, starting to laugh. "Dunno, who?"

"Chloe,"

Cole turned around to smirk at me. Guess I wasn't hearing the end of this.

"She always had a thing for blue eyes."

Braden smiled. "Oh? I was thinking brown."

My heart dropped, knowing he was hinting at Jaden. Just then, Jaden sat down next to me.

"This seat taken?" He asked cooly, gazing into my eyes.

"No, of course not."

Braden smiled and I started to smile also.

We continued driving until we were closer to Orlando, when Jaden interrupted my rest.

I picked my head up off my arm and smiled at him calling my name. "Yeah?"

"So, that whole babe thing earlier.. intentional or nonintentional?" He said bluntly, cutting to the chase.

I blushed. Oh right, that time I called you babe.

"Nonintentional, So sorry about that.." I said, blushing and smiling meekly.

He shrugged, "Really? I was hoping it was more intentional.."

I closed my eyes and found myself grinning. "It's whatever you want it to be, Jaden."