Life 3 - Chapter 25

Začít od začátku

He closed his eyes, but I saw the light leave them.

I laid him back down on the ground and stood up, backing up.

Oh, God...they're both dead!

I looked at Ross to see steam rising off his front side.  He was burned on his entire front side.

Seto was just lying there.  Maybe Ross had thrown a potion of withering.

But that wasn't my problem.

The problem was that TWO PEOPLE who had been alive a few minutes ago WERE DEAD.  I'M STANDING ALIVE IN A ROOM WITH TWO, FRESH-DEAD BODIES.

Yeah.  THAT'S my problem.

What was I supposed to do?!

Tell them I walked in on Seto and Ross as they murdered each other at the sameish time in the secret 4th floor murderer's paradise?

Yeah, no.

But what am I supposed to tell them?

Quentin was already super suspicious of me and never trusted me.

Maybe Mitch could help?

I pulled the bottle from my pocket and drank.

I felt the resistance working and ran out the door, jumping off to the ground below.

I had been up there for about 7 minutes, the parkour taking about 4 minutes, so Mitch wasn't in here yet.

I had a second to think.

Ok...ok...calm...breath, Jerome....  Ok, how do I convince them it wasn't me who killed them?  I don't know how to do potions, but...the potions could have been pre-made up there.  I don't know any magic, but they could write it off as me burning him.  What do I do...?

Mitch walked in and froze when he saw me just standing about.

He ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders.  "Fluffy?"

I blinked and looked at him.  Something...felt different about the way he looked.  I think I was just traumatized right now.  It's probably nothing.

"T-They're dead, Mitch!"

"Jerome, deep breaths.  Who's dead?"

"S-Seto and Ross!  I...I went up there and the door was cracked.  I heard Seto talking to Ross about not killing everyone.  They kinda bickered back and forth before Ross threw something at Seto.  At the same time, Seto shot Ross with some kind of lightning or fire spell or something.  Ross was dead and Seto was dying.  He told me that he remembered the last life and that he was asked to save me.  He then died.  Mitch, I'm terrified!  What if they blame me!?"

He hugged me tightly.  "Jerome, Fluffy, biggums...."  He said all at once.

He pulled back.  "I will tell them that you're innocent.  They have to believe me!"

Then, the one person who...disliked me the most just HAD to walk in.

"Believe what, Mitch?"  He asked, eyeing me warily.

Mitch looked at me.  I nodded.

"Quentin, how good are you at parkour?"

*ABOUT 30 MINUTES LATER CUZ QUENTIN SUCKS AT PARKOUR IN THIS UNIVERSE*

Quentin made the last jump and sighed, shoving the extra bottle into his pocket.  "Ok, geez.  What is it?"

Mitch had followed me up as well, so I walked into the room.