Living In The Past Pt6/Ambrollins

Seth sat at the table in the crowded restaurant, with his boyfriend Dean Ambrose, Dean's best friend...brother Roman Reigns and Roman's new boyfriend Carter Stone. Seth smiled, as Dean put an arm around his shoulders, as he told another story of the past he shared with Roman. As he listened, he let his mind wander back over everything that's happened in the past few months.

Seth and Dean have the kind of love you only see in movies, they're so happy and in love! Despite their intense love and devotion to each other, Seth from the very beginning of their relationship secretly felt like he was in competition for Dean's heart! It wasn't just anyone Seth was in competition with either, no it was with Dean's ex-boyfriend Roman! Dean and Roman had been together eight years, they were so in love, until Dean was left broken-hearted, when Roman broke up with him and moved out of town. Roman was the first person in Dean's entire life he's ever loved romantically and that was something you never forgot or got over.

Seth knew Dean loved him and would never purposely hurt him, but their entire relationship Seth's felt like he was living in Roman's shadow. He knew all about their past and that Dean still and always would love Roman. Seth was jealous of Roman for having the kind of love and bond with Dean, that Seth would never have! The only comfort Seth had was that Roman had been gone for a few years, which meant he didn't have to worry about losing Dean to Roman. At least that's what he thought, until a few months ago, Dean told him the news he had been scared to hear...Roman was moving back to town for work and Dean was so happy about it! Hearing that Seth freaked out and ended up fighting with Dean; who had no idea why Seth was so angry!

He was so upset that he moved out for three days staying with his friend and co-worker Dolph Ziggler. He ignored all of Dean's calls and texts, pretending he wasn't there whenever Dean came to Seth's job or Dolph's house. Finally Dolph convinced him to go home, it felt so good to be home, until he found out that Dean offered Roman to stay with them, until he found his own place and not only that, but Dean also offered Roman a job at the gym he owned! Seth tried to hate Roman, but couldn't because he was a genuinely nice and funny guy; if the situation had been different Roman was the kind of guy Seth would be friends with.

As the days passed, he tried to act normal and remind himself that Dean loved him not Roman. Dean and Roman were always together at home and work, making things harder for Seth. He had tried getting the courage up to tell Dean how he felt, but never could not wanting to hurt him. So, for three months Roman lived with them and Seth suffered in silence. Finally one day, Roman told them he was moving out into his own apartment and Seth was so happy to at least be able to be alone with Dean at home again. He thought once they moved Roman into his own place that their lives would return to normal, but he was so wrong! Now, Dean spent most of his time at Roman's place hanging out or doing odd things around his apartment for him, leaving Seth to wait to spend time with his boyfriend whenever he could, for however long he could; most times it was only for a few minutes and Seth was reaching his limit!

Weeks ago, Seth had returned home from work, looking forward to finally being able to relax alone at home with Dean. He went inside calling for Dean, but got no answer, until he heard a noise from upstairs. Going upstairs he heard the noise again coming from their bedroom and went to the door, he was about to go in, but stopped hearing Roman talking to Dean. The only thing Seth thought was that Dean was cheating on him with Roman! Hurt and angry, Seth barged into the room, surprising both men. He started to tell Dean off, but stopped when he realized they were only moving furniture back; they had painted the room to surprise Seth. Roman left and as soon as he did Dean demanded to know what the hell Seth's problem was, not knowing where to start Seth had stuttered and stalled for time. Dean decided to go for a shower to cool off and give Seth time to prepare what he was going to say. After he went into the bathroom, Seth took a deep breath and headed downstairs trying to figure out what he was going to say.