Love Hurts Pt5/Ambreigns

Dean Ambrose; one third of The Shield, lay on the couch in the hotel room he shared with his best friend...brother and Shield stablemate Seth Rollins.

 Seth had gone to work out before that night's show and Dean was grateful to be alone so he could think. Dean put one arm under his head, his other lay across his stomach, he sighed shakily as he starred at the ceiling. His mind raced, he couldn't concentrate; normally he loved the constant crazy in his head, but lately...he despised it! The reason for the chaos was one man; who despite everything that happened Dean still loved, his ex-boyfriend and his and Seth's best friend...brother and Shield stablemate Roman Reigns!

  Dean and Roman were together four awesome years, they were so happy and in love. Dean had never loved anyone romantically before in his entire life, but he did Roman and truly believed he'd spend the rest of his life with him! Everything though fell apart months ago, when Roman began to drink; it started off with one or two drinks after work, but quickly got worse and he drank all the time. Both Dean and Seth were worried about him and one night Dean tried talking to Roman about it, but he refused to listen and they fought with Roman saying hurtful things. The next morning Roman apologized, promising it wouldn't happen again and Dean forgave him.

  Roman broke his promise though and continued drinking, which turned him into a monster towards Dean; he abused him verbally and physically. Seth would stand up to Roman for Dean every time he witnessed any abuse and tried to get Roman to see what a monster he had become, but Roman refused to listen. One night after Roman attacked Dean, Seth came to Dean's rescue and ended things between Dean and Roman, before he moved Dean into his room. Roman tried to get Dean back, but Seth wouldn't let him anywhere near him; except when they were at work, where the three of them were able to act like nothing was going on between them.

  Roman continued drinking and five months ago Roman managed to talk to Dean alone and begged him to go for a drive to talk. Dean agreed, he still loved Roman and could never say no to him. Looking back on that night now, Dean wished he had been strong enough to say no! As they drove Roman began fighting with Dean, accusing him of being with Seth and during the fight Roman took his eyes off the road causing them to go onto the side of the road and crash into a tree. Dean was seriously injured, Roman wasn't and when he woke up in the hospital a couple of days later with Seth by his side, no one knew where Roman was!

  Dean slowly healed from his physical wounds, but his emotional ones still to this day have never healed; thankfully he had Seth to help him through it all, he'd be lost without him! It was now two...almost three months since the crash and they had no idea where Roman was or even if he was okay, both were worried; they both missed and still loved him...especially Dean! They had no contact with him and Hunter had told the fans Roman was out with an injury.

 It wasn't until a week ago after receiving a call from a Doctor Stone, that they learned where Roman was. He had gone to rehab and had beaten his demons, both Dean and Seth were so proud of him and when Stone brought up them coming to see Roman neither hesitated to say yes! They had gone to see him and even though Roman still scared Dean, it was good to see him...feel him again! They spent the day together and Roman talked to them, apologizing and both accepted the apology, but Dean told him he still struggled to let go of the hurt and wasn't ready to take him back...he might never be and Roman accepted it knowing he had done too much damage to fix with a simple apology.

 Yesterday Roman had called and told them that he was being released from rehab and returning to work in two days. Dean and Seth were both happy, but deep down Dean was terrified to have Roman near him again. He tried to hide it from Seth, but his brother knew him too well and they had spent all night talking about it. Dean's thoughts were interrupted by Seth returning, seeing Dean so scared again because of Roman broke Seth's heart.