Partners/Ambrollins

The police car driven by Officer Dean Ambrose, pulled into the parking lot of the station. He parked and got out, his best friend...brother and long time partner Officer Roman Reigns got out too and headed for the back door of the car. Roman opened the door, as Dean leaned against the car waiting. Roman took out the angry, young man they had just arrested after he tried breaking into a car. He fought and swore at both of them the entire way inside, neither man caring; both used it after years on the force.

After booking the man in, they decided to go grab a coffee between calls. They were almost out the door, when another Officer called out to them, they stopped and turned to him.

"Hey Randy, what's up?" Dean asked smiling.

"Captain Stone wants to see you two in his office." Randy answered smiling. "He wasn't happy, something about super glue on his chair?"

"Guess he didn't like our little joke, huh D?" Roman said, as all three laughed.

"Ambrose, Reigns, my office NOW!" Captain Stone's angry voice called from his office.

"Good luck boys!" Randy said smiling, before they left.

**A Week Later**:

Dean sat in the break room at work, drinking a coffee, while Roman was changing into his uniform. Their shift had just started and Dean was exhausted after enjoying his day off yesterday a little too much! He deserved it though after they finally solved the car theft case they had been working on for two weeks. Roman came into the room, Dean looked at him; they had been partners now for six years and best friends even longer, which meant they knew everything about each other and could communicate without speaking.

"I know that look dude, what's up now?" Dean asked sighing.

"Captain wants to see us."

"What? Why? We just got here!" Dean replied annoyed, as he finished his coffee and stood throwing the cup out.

"No idea." Roman answered.

"Let's get this over with, I'm too damn tired for this!" Dean said, as they left the room laughing.

A couple minutes later they arrived at Stone's office and knocked. He called out to them, they went inside and found Stone talking to two Officers neither had ever seen before; it was obvious that they were rookies, straight out of the academy.

"We interrupting something sir?" Roman asked.

"No, not this time!" Stone answered bitterly. "This is Officer Seth Rollins and Officer Dolph Ziggler. They're our newest recruits, fresh out of the academy."

"Welcome, it's nice to meet you guys, you'll like it here; even though Captain Stone can be a real hard ass!" Dean greeted the men, as they shook hands.

"Funny Ambrose, real hilarious stuff!" Stone said annoyed.

"Welcome aboard!" Roman added. "I'm Ro..."

"Roman Reigns and you're Dean Ambrose!" Seth said smiling, cutting Roman off.

"That's right, you learn about us at the academy?" Dean asked smiling.

"Don't flatter yourself Ambrose!" Stone replied.

"Actually I did some research...we both did about you two." Seth explained smiling.

"Yeah, after we learned we were going to be your partners, we wanted to be prepared." Dolph added smiling.

"Our what?" Roman asked confused.

"Your partners!" Seth repeated.

"What the hell's going on?" Dean demanded angrily, as all four men looked at Stone.

"Rollins, Ziggler, go get a coffee." Stone ordered rubbing his head.

"What did Ziggler mean when he said partners?" Roman demanded.

"I'm splitting you two up, effective immediately!" Stone answered.

"You can't do this!" Dean said angrily.

"I can and I did!" Stone replied.

"We won't do it! We stay partners or we quit!" Roman stated angrily.

"You have no choice gentlemen! You either partner with Rollins and Ziggler or I have no option, but to fire you!" Stone said.

"Then we quit!" Roman answered, as Dean agreed.

"Look, I don't want to do this, but my hands are tied. I've been ordered by my boss to do it." Stone explained sighing. "Don't throw your jobs away over this, you're the best we've got!"

"Find a way to fix this or we're gone!" Dean ordered angrily.

"Give me time alright? For now Ambrose you're with Rollins, Reigns you're with Ziggler."

Dean and Roman stormed out of Stone's office and went to the locker room to talk. Both men were angry, Dean paced, as Roman watched him in silence.

"D, let it go man." Roman said gently, trying to calm him down.

"Let it go? Roman, they split us up dammit and gave us rookies for partners! And you want me to just let it go?" Dean said, as he continued pacing.

"Look Dean, I hate this as much as you do, but this isn't Rollins and Ziggler's fault dude! Stone's working on it and in the meantime we need to do what we do best!" Roman said, as Dean stopped pacing and looked at Roman. "Promise me you'll play nice with Rollins?"

"Nope!" Dean answered, shaking his head.

"Alright, at least promise me you won't get him killed?" Roman said smiling, before he hugged Dean.

"Fine, I promise!" Dean replied smiling.

"Uh, Officer Ambrose?" Seth said nervously, as he and Dolph came into the room.

"What Rookie?" Dean answered annoyed.

"We've been called out to a domestic disturbance and Officer Reigns, you and Officer Ziggler have a call-out too."

"Let's get to work then boys!" Roman said smiling.

"I'm driving Rookie, let's go!" Dean said bitterly, as he walked away.

Seth looked at Roman, who smiled sadly, before he patted Seth on the back. Seth returned the smile, before he quickly left to catch up with Dean. Once in the car, Dean drove to the call in silence, Seth was nervous, not just because this was his first call, but because he looked up to Dean and he was very attracted to the angry man! He didn't want to mess up in front of Dean, so the whole drive he went over his training in his head. Soon they arrived and got out, Seth had to walk fast to keep up with Dean.

"Let me do the talking, you follow my lead! Understood Rookie?"

"I have a name, stop calling me Rookie!" Seth said annoyed.

"I won't be stuck with you long enough to remember it!" Dean replied bitterly, as he knocked on the door.

Seth stayed quiet, hearing those words from Dean hurt, but he kept his game face on. He knew Dean was just upset about being split from Roman and tried not to take anything personal, but it was hard! He decided to prove to Dean that he deserved to be on the force! More importantly that he was a guy that if given the chance could turn into a friend or if Seth hoped hard enough more than a friend! It wouldn't be easy, but Seth loved a challenge and there was no bigger challenge than Dean Ambrose!

THE END!