Chapter 37: But I know you...

-NINA'S POV-

Wow this place was impressive! I looked at the hotel bed and smiled at the clean white, stereotypical sheets that decked the matress almost crease-lessly.

"Dibs on this room!" I yelled out to Nika who was just laughing at my awe-stricken face. The prospect of a clean comfotable bed set my jetlagged and weary body to rest. Oh the joy, sleep at last!

"Nina?" Nika repeated my name from the hallway. "We're starting this holiday bang. Get your lazy butt ready. It's time to party!" She yelled from the security of her room. Expressing my displeasure through groaning into the pillow Nika's mischievous laughter rang in my ears. Trying to muster the energy to drag my sleepy butt to a party, I reluctantly stood.

...

The whole house was thumping with a droning beat, where Styrofoam cups rattled from side to side, each full of what seemed like contaminated alcohol.  

I clutched my head to keep my upcoming headache from spiking over. I looked everywhere for Nika, as she was the one who had dragged me along to this supposedly fun evening. She was definitely enjoying herself, canoodling in the corner with some guy with dirty blondish hair. As his face was buried further into her neck, a strange feeling of deja vu overtook me.

Still feeling the aftermath of the lengthy plane journey, i sat down on one of the bright red loveseats, waiting for this to be over. There were bodies crushed together on the dance floor, and a sweaty stench radiated off them all, though everyone there was too intoxicated to notice. Here in the living room, the pulse of the music was still loud enough to make heads throb. People were heading off into the direction of the rooms upstairs, leaving room on the couch for me to finally breathe. There was no point in getting drunk tonight as Nika had already planned tomorrow's agenda, and a hangover was definitely not on her list.

Tomorrow would be full of shopping, and catching up with some of Nika's old friends, then going to a braii and staying for yet another party there. When there was time to sleep, I had no idea.

People watching for what seemed like the billionth time, my eyes watched intrigued as a good looking guy walked into the room, grabbing himself an unopened beer from the bar. As his pupils scanned the room a dance of recognition hit me, though I couldn't exactly place where I had seen him before.

Running his hand through his hair, I watched as his hair was lifted from his face for a brief moment. As he surveyed the room, he took a swig of the beer tilting his head upwards to reveal his Adams Apple bobbing. A light 6 o'clock shadow was cast upon his face, the view made me want to run my fingers across the stubble.

A breathy moan from beside me brought me out of my reverie. Suddenly aware of my surroundings I stood up and walked away from the horny couple that had decided that the rooms were too far. it was decided that I needed a drink to get through this night.

Temporarily forgetting the mystery boy, I sasheyed up to the bar area and plonked myself on the stool. Absentmindedly I grabbed a beer and reached for the opener, only to touch someone's hand. I turned in suprise as skin met skin. "Oh I'm so sor-" I was cut off by the most intense chocolatey stare. I swooned as his eyes met mine.

I retracted my hand almost immediately, blushing profusely. "No need for a sorry," he winked "can I help you with that?" I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion, completely forgetting my bottle. He chuckled at my expression and leant forward, gently tugging the neck of the green bottle out of my grasp before popping the cap off. As he  casually handed it back to me, I felt a small smile creep up my face. "Thanks," I muttered, slowly recovering from the ever so tiny contact.

"So what's a pretty girl like yourself doing all alone here at a party?"

I shrugged nonchalantly before answering "I'm in no mood to party. I'm stil jetlagged from my flight and my friend wanted to go out, so here I am."