Chapter 33: But you promised!

-NINA'S POV-

I swung the apron back and forth, waiting for Nika to talk. She'd promised that she would spill her guts 'tomorrow', which is what she had said yesterday. Her minisule cuts were just that now, tiny scars and scabs, and the wound on her head had healed grown into a small lump, which luckily for her could be covered by her hair.

"Nika!" I yelled through the door exasperated. "You've been in there for what feels like a bloody millennium!" I exaggerated, "Hurry up on the pot, you can't fake pee forever!" I squealed through the keyhole.

I heard her sigh and grunt in amusement, "You can see straight through me sister!" Hearing the smile in her voice I felt like banging my head on the doorframe, with this attitude I wasn't going to be receiving any information anywhere anytime soon, due to her uncanny ability to stall. 

"Time?" Came her curt reply.

I groaned again walking around the corner to check the time on my wall clock. "10:19pm" I almost cried in frustration. In a mindless attempt to get her out of the bathroom she had occupied for long enough, I spoke up.

"Chris will be here soon" I tried taunting, using the alleged information against her. If her bladder got her in there, her feelings would get her out. I smiled evilly, hoping that my hunch was correct and that she would prove her feelings for our friend. 

From inside the cubicle her voice rose an ocatve higher in pitch, "Chris?" I could sense her blushing from behind the barrier.

"DUDE! YOU FUCKING PROMISED!" I wailed in desperation.

"But I also promised someone else I could only tell you 24 hours after 'it' happened, so... you still have two hours, then I can explain those pictures and that one video those bitches blackmailed you with." She stated matter of factly.

I started banging my head against the wooden frame of the closed door and I felt the pent up frustration ebbing at my patience. Midnight was how long I had to wait until she spilled, hopefully this would become clearer and it wouldn't keep wasting my time. Oh Shea... where the hell was my explanation for this shit?

I dared to sneak another glimpse at the painful photos that felt as though they were haunting my very existence.

I sat, disturbed in my own world, dreading what Nika and Shea had discussed in their secretive language. Something had definitely happened during the outrageous alcohol induced party, I had the pictures to prove them. The shitty thing was that the recollection of what happened most of last night had permanently escaped me. Worst case scenarios stuck fast in my mind and my brain had managed to convince me that somehow, despite this most likely being far from reality, images of a wasted Shea sprawled across a slew of girls with no control of what he said or did. During these 'nightmares' everything came out in a giant blur, ranging from heart wrenching flirtatious looks to the gutting possibility he could have knocked someone up.

Squirming, repeatedly trying to get away from the vivid insights in my wandering head, the ocular proof I got through pictures, though severely blurry were disturbing enough. It felt like my heart had been wrenched open with a particularly blunt knife, then stabbed repeatedly, slowly left to bleed out in confusion, leaving the one unanswered question... WHY?

Tears started clouding my vision, that gut wrenching fear took hold and made my knees weak and wobbly, with the sudden unexpected weight of the world.  I hadn't realised this before, but I had fallen hard and fast for the summer fling that had wormed himself intricately into my life and left the silky binds everywhere he trod. All I remembered was that we'd both let loose, and gotten drunk, and that's when Nika stopped talking, claiming that she'd said too much.