❦Chapter 17 : Paths

(Y/n) widened her eyes, as she arrived on scene to where Beast was screaming earlier. Sebastian had placed a hand on one of Beast's prosthetic leg, as his head was directly in front of her thighs with his eyes squinted in interest. Beast's face was flushed with embarrassment and anger, as she shouted, "Get your hands off of me, pervert!" A fuming red-faced Dagger came a second late and yelled at Sebastian, "How dare you touch Beast like that! A women should not be treated like that!"

Dagger was about to throw himself towards Sebastian with his daggers ready, but Sebastian took a step back and bowed, "I am sorry for the inconvenience that I may have caused towards everyone. I was merely just looking at the brand of prosthetics that she has on, nothing more."

Beast was about to attack as well, but Joker's serene light-hearted laugh stopped her, "Oh, Beast. Yer leg is definitely one of a kind. Ye should be proud of it. This was a simple misunderstanding is all. Let us be considerate towards one another."

Beast gave an unsatisfied huff, but blushed at Joker's compliment of her leg. Dagger saw Beast blush and frowned for he knew Beast has a huge crush on Joker. Joker then added, "We are holding an audition for some new circus recruits tomorrow! Perhaps you and (Nickname) can join?"

Sebastian bowed full of curtesy, "That is a gracious opportunity that one cannot pass. (Nickname) and I will be glad to take part in the audition..."

(Y/n) opened her mouth to object, but Joker beamed, "How wonderful! Aye will be looking forward to your talents that can benefit thee circus!"

With a piercing glare, (Y/n) pouted at Sebastian mouthing, "What have you done?!"

Sebastian humbly walked over to (Y/n) and whispered, "It is all for the case. Let us leave."

(Y/n) placed her arms over her chest and sighed, "Yeah, I am going to the audition...."

Joker smiled, "Perfect! I cannot wait to see what talents that ye might have (Nickname)!"

(Y/n) and Sebastian then left the circus grounds to go to the hidden carriage that had Ciel in it. Ciel growled, "Took you two long enough... Any news?"

Sebastian smirked, "Hm.. let's just say we are going to join the circus."

~

Dagger rushed over to Beast in a frenzied and worrisome manner. He nagged, "Are you okay? Did he touch anywhere else? Did he hurt you?"

Beast retorted, "I am fine, just a bit shaken. Goodnight."

Dagger's shoulders dropped, as he watched Beast leave. He was head over heels for Beast, but sadly he knew he could never win her heart. Her heart yearned for Joker. Dagger gazed at his blades' reflection. He saw himself with a broken frown under his makeup. But then, his mind lingered over to someone...

(Y/n)..

That's right, (Y/n) was watching him perform and was applauding him. Dagger grinned, "I believe (Y/n) can be a great addition to the circus troupe! I would like to see her more!"

"-but that sketchy man who she was with.. what was his name? He seems really suspicious...." as he mumbled to himself toward his tent.

Joker, on the other hand, was about to leave the tent, but Beast had walked up to him, thanking, "Thank you for earlier..."

Joker kindly smiles, "Tis nothing for ye to thank me. I do find ye beautiful, Beast. I am sure Sebastian meant no harm."

Beast's heart lurched, as she found herself flustered over his words, "Oh..."

"By the way, Beast, did ye see (Nickname)?" asked Joker.

"Was she the one that just left with the guy?"

"Yes, her. I believe we were meant to meet again. I have met someone who seems just like her long ago and wanted her to join our group, back then. But, she could not for she was on the run and politely declined. I truly think it is her, but under a different alias." explained Joker in a nostalgic manner.

"......You seem - to fancy her." blurted Beast, as she felt her heart ache slowly inside her chest.

Joker laughed, "Am I? I do not know how I feel myself, but I know I just want to see (Nickname), again."

Beast forced a smile and said, "I see. Goodnight, Joker."

Joker beamed, "Goodnight Beast. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for new recruits!"

Beast had already left the tent. She was overwhelmed with confusion and pain. Does Joker fancy (Nickname)? The way he talked about her... She shook off such thoughts and went to her tent to sleep.

~

(Y/n) climbed into her bed back at the manor and looked up at the ceiling, as time passed. Was it a case of insomnia stealing her sleep? Or was it because she was anxious about the circus audition? Or simply, was it because the turmoiled feelings that these men have given her throughout the interactions with them? Never did she think her life would be what it is now after accepting the request of the young earl and meeting various strange...'people'.

Her mind immediately rewinded to all the moments that she has experienced up to now. And it was apparent who she undeniably had grown feelings for through the numerous conflicts that has happened so far. (Y/n) was afraid of what will happen if that person was to know how she truly felt, but it's a timeless tale yet to further unfold..

~

The Long Awaited Moment Has Come...
Please comment on whose ending I should do. I might do them all or a few. Endings I will do in order from greatest to least commented.

[DONE] Sebastian🌹
[DONE] Tragedy (A twist...)
[] Ciel☁️
[] Undertaker🥀
[] Finny🌻
[] Joker🔹
[] Alois💧
[] Claude🕸
[] (Comment whoever if you'd like an ending with them..)

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]
I have finally updated a chapter; however, from some comments that I have received (I do read every comment), I am skeptical whether or not I should continue this fanfic anymore. Of course, there are the nice comments and constructive criticism, but I been having writer's block and a busy schedule to keep up with my travels. Also, PLEASE know that I do sometimes improvise and go off a tangent at times from the original plot because THIS IS A FANFIC. If you are unsatisfied, go read another fanfic that suits your standards then. I have written that this fanfic may contain OOC moments at times and a warning of lemon in the details, so do not complain in the comments of what you didn't read beforehand of. I will try my best to finish this fanfic. Thanks for reading..