❦Chapter 8 : Coffins

(Y/n) was the only one who had no work to do at the Phantomhive Manor. Sebastian and Ciel were out of town visiting other earls to discuss some private business issues. Bard and Meyrin, as usual, were the ones in the kitchen cleaning and preparing some food. Luckily, Bard this time knows to not use a flamethrower for his cooking needs. Meyrin is absolutely careful in washing and moving the plates to prevent them from being shattered. Tanaka, Finny, and Pluto are out in the manor's garden, tending to the plants and vegetables in the great outdoors. (Y/n) decided to tell Finny that she will be out in town to see if there is anything to do, before Ciel and Sebastian comes back.

"I will come with you, (Y/n)! It is too dangerous for a lady like you to be by yourself!" pouted Finny.

(Y/n) hugged Finny, "No, it's fine! I will come back soon. I can manage. Just keep an eye on Bard, Meyrin, and the others, so the manor won't be a mess when the young master comes back!"

Finny nodded his head in determination and puffed, "Alright! But be careful, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) set out of the Phantomhive Manor and made her way towards town. It was not that long of a walk. She was perfectly fine, there were no creepy men following her or staring at her. (Y/n) looked at the streets of the town. She reminiscences her life when she used to live on the streets. It is all different now; she is cared for and has a home now at the Phantomhive Manor. (Y/n) halts in front of a familiar purple shop with an eerie skull sign: Undertaker's funeral parlor.

It had an open sign with also a help wanted sign on the door. (Y/n) entered the parlor opening the door, cautiously looking around. The door made a ringing bell sound. It was still the same as it was the last time she came with Sebastian and Ciel. The air was rather stuffy and dreary. There were shelves upon shelves of jars of organs and bones. Cobwebs were strung in corners and dust littered years of unopened unknown recipe books. A few rows of a variety of coffins were placed against the old walls. (Y/n) peered into a coffin as a voice broke out in a happy tone, "Why, hello there! Isn't it (Y/n) from the Phantomhive Manor! What brings you here, my love? A coffin that you might be interested in perhaps~?"

(Y/n) turned around and saw Undertaker sitting on a coffin smiling. His bangs covered his eyes, as he continued grinning, "Cat got your tongue? No matter! I can wait."

(Y/n) answered hesitantly, "O-oh, hello Undertaker. Well, I'm here looking for a part time job, since the manor is already fully preoccupied by the other servants."

The Undertaker clasped his sleeves together and said, "Oh~! You are interested to work for me? How beautiful... I graciously accept you to work for me! Such a pretty face like yours to deal with the dead is unthinkable!"

(Y/n) stammered, "I-I do not want to do an autopsy on a corpse. I can help you get your tools when you do the autopsy though."

Undertaker rubbed his chin and answered, "Hmm... Sure. I do not want your lovely hands be dirty of blood and tears."

"But first, let me clean your shop! It is so full of dust and is very stuffy!" protested (Y/n) in disgust. She began wiping off the dust and organizing the jars with a cloth. The Undertaker watched (Y/n) clean. He has strangely grown attached to this peculiar female human being from the moment he saw her first saw. He saw something in (Y/n) that made him want to treasure her so dearly.

(Y/n) quickly finished cleaning up Undertaker's shop. It was no longer a full of dust. Everything actually looked tidy and spotless for once. Undertaker sang, "Oooh~! This is absolutely splendid! Thank you, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) smiled timidly, "Ah.. It is not much..... Should I start working today?"

The Undertaker pondered, "Hummm... Yes, though I do not think there will be much customers today that I am expecting.."