❦Chapter 5 : Scarlet

"Jack The Ripper Strikes Again!"

The headline of the daily newspaper informed Ciel that Aleistor was not the primary suspect that they captured... Aleistor was at his own party all night, and this murder took place last night on the other side of town.. The young earl took a sip from his tea and sat the newspaper down on his desk. He was at lost at what to do next. How can he capture this Jack The Ripper? This case was mind-boggling. As the Queen's WatchDog, it was his duty to solve all mysteries no matter how challenging they seem to be.

Sebastian watched his master make faces of frustration. The butler advised, "No need to stress yourself, young master. I am sure we will solve this case. Our efforts will not be in vain."

Ciel gave a look at his trusty right-hand butler and mumbled, "You are right. I will not give up this easily."

A soft knock sounded at the door of Ciel's office. Ciel called, "Who is it?"

"It is I, (Y/n), young master.. Madame Red has come to seek you for an urgent matter." answered (Y/n) softly. Sebastian's lips curled in a small smirk at how (Y/n)'s voice sounded so delicate with vulnerability. He wondered about many things with that voice of hers that he always loves to hear everyday..

(Y/n) opened the door with Madame Red behind her. Ciel sighed at the sight of his aunt. Madame Red grinned, "My Ciel~! I heard about last night... You captured Aleistor! But it seems like he is not Jack The Ripper... How sad. I thought he was the criminal, oh well, there are more suspects out there."

Ciel carefully observed his aunt and answered, "Is there someone that is a suspect that you have in mind..?"

Madame Red slyly smirked, "Well, it does not really matter... I'm sure you can solve this case my little nephew,"

Ciel's eyes lingered a little longer on his aunt, then he excused, "(Y/n), you are dismissed. Madame Red and I will play a game of chess, while I think about my next course of action..."

(Y/n) bowed quickly and left Ciel's office. She was disappointed that the case was still at hand.

(Y/n) went to her room and thought about what she will do the entire day.

"A little nap won't hurt..." she thought as she crawled into her bed and quickly fell asleep....

~

Madame Red and Ciel successfully played several rounds of chess. They were both equally tied each time. Ciel paused for a short break and asked, "Sebastian, please check on (Y/n), while I talk to Madame Red for a bit....."

Madame Red looked a slightly anxious, but remained an emotionless face.

The jet-black haired butler smiled, "At once, my lord."

Sebastian exited his master's office and went his way to (Y/n)'s room. The butler already has a hunch of who the Jack the Ripper is. And it seems like he will strike soon....

~

"My dear wake up, I want to see the lovely look of horror on your face when you see my chainsaw in your lovely body~"

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep uncomfortably, she heard a faint low voice whispering in her mind- or was it in her ears? She slowly opened her eyes and saw a silhouette of a familiar man..