❦Chapter 10 : Impurities

The following morning, (Y/n) is resting in the commons room when someone was knocking at the main door to the manor. (Y/n) went to open the door to see a pale slender tall man with snow white hair and bold amethyst colored eyes standing there in a white suit with a purple vest on. (Y/n) was speechless at the mysterious man's beauty, when he spoke, "I am Ash Landers. I have come to relay a message from Queen Victoria herself about some local mischievous activities."

(Y/n) curtsied, "Ah yes sir. I-I will get the young earl right now..."

Ash entered the manor and saw Sebastian. Sebastian had made his way from the kitchen to see who it was at the door. The butler did not seem one bit happy at the sight of Ash. (Y/n) was puzzled as to why Sebastian had a look of hate towards Ash...

Ash placed a hand on (Y/n)'s cheek gently, speaking in a soft alluring tone, "No need to pure one. It seems the butler is here, and so will the young earl himself too. Has anyone called you pure before my dear? You are absolutely the definition of purity~"

(Y/n) felt her skin tingle at Ash's touch and felt a little suspicious of him calling her 'pure'.. Sebastian looked annoyed that Ash touched (Y/n) and stated, "You should refrain yourself from touching anyone at this manor..... Ash.."

Ash smirked at the demon butler, "You are one to say yourself..... butler..."

Ciel soon arrived and he asked irritatedly, "Well, what is it now?"

"People have said that an unknown cult has taken over some abandoned convents and are currently having the Book of Doomsday in their possession. The book itself, which has the record of human's virtues and evil doings, they intend to revolt against the government. So the Queen herself asks, it to become Ciel Phantomhive's job to disband or eliminate them. I warn you that the convent is heavily guarded and a high demand of coffins were ordered and delivered to them..." informed Ash.

Ciel touched his chin thoughtfully and suggested, "Coffins, eh? We will pay a visit to the Undertaker then to find further information..."

Ash smiled and requested,  "Hopefully you will see to this case, young earl. If you don't mind... I'd like (Y/n) to escort me to my carriage."

Sebastian was about to protest the idea when Ciel replied, "Yes you may, but I'd like (Y/n) to come back unharmed..."

Ash bowed shortly and exited the manor with (Y/n) catching up behind him. She asked, "Is there a reason you want me to escort you, sir?"

The white haired man chuckled, "No particular reason.. Though I find you very attractive for such a pure soul." 

(Y/n) was just about to inquire why Ash was so infatuated with pureness, when Ash spoke in a serious tone.

"Don't worry about that, (Y/n). I hope that we can see each other again, soon~"

He boarded his carriage leaving a pondering (Y/n) flustered. She turned and saw Ciel walking towards her. Ciel's face contorted in disgust, as he watched Ash leave. He had an ominous feeling about that man. When he saw (Y/n) turn around. Ciel smiled, "Let's go. We must be on our way to solve the next case.. Sebastian is waiting for us."

~

Just like the last time they have visited, Undertaker's shop was still same old, same old. (Y/n) felt guilty for not recently being able to go to work to help Undertaker, due to the cases Ciel has been solving and restrictions from Sebastian. They entered the funeral parlor to find Grell in a similar outfit to Undertaker's and the Undertaker in an urn filled with salt, smiling.