❦Chapter 15 : Circus

It was early in the morning at the Phantomhive Manor. Ciel was awake earlier than usual. He dismissed Sebastian to do his other duties, because who wants a demon checking on him 24/7? Sometimes that butler gets on his nerves. Ciel decided to visit (Y/n)'s room to see if she was alright.

He stealthily unlocked the door to her room and saw (Y/n) fast asleep. Ciel blinked emotionlessly, before stepping quietly to the bed. To be honest, he liked seeing how peaceful (Y/n) was as she slept. Her cute nose, lovely eyelashes, soft skin, and light shampoo smell of her hair... He observed her with a slow blush forming across his face, as he mutters to himself, "...What am I doing...? She might think I am like a stalker like Alois."

The young earl took an interest in this young maid, because of her caring and innocent side. He loved seeing a smile on her face and hearing her musical laugh. She was also a hardworking person. Ciel has never felt this way towards any girl before, let alone to a servant. Ciel gently touched (Y/n)'s hair, as he then brushed a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Her hair felt like fine silk towards his fingers.

Ciel quickly felt his heart squeeze inside, as he recalled confessing to (Y/n) before she was kidnapped. He wondered endlessly if she returned such feelings for him. If she does have feelings for him, he will try his best to lessen the emotional pain that Elizabeth must face once Ciel tells her his true feelings. If (Y/n) does not love him, Ciel must take on reality..

"Hey, wake up.." Ciel grumbly said.

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep, as she mumbled something with her eyes still closed. Ciel lightly shook her shoulder. She groaned, "Just a little bit longer... I need more sleep.."

"You will wake up right this instance or else I'm firing you." lied Ciel.

(Y/n)'s eyes went wide opened, realizing the voice belonged to none other than Ciel. She frantically propped herself up on the bed and made eye contact with the young earl, sheepishly. "I.. uh.. Sorry, Ciel! I really like to sleep a lot and-,"

Ciel sighs, "Please, do not fret. It is annoying, but quite amusing at the same time. I just wanted to see how you are feeling."

(Y/n) scratched the back of her head saying, "Well... I'm fine I guess. All my memories are back and I do not have any physical injuries."

Ciel sits next to (Y/n) on the bed. He let out a deep breath before asking, "Ah, you are in good state then. I was also going to ask to take you out to town for uh... recreational time to award your efforts in this manor..."

(Y/n) beams, "Recreational time?! Nice! I would love to enjoy some free time! Thank you, Ciel!"

Ciel avoids eye contact and scoffs, "Pfft. It is no big of a deal. Anyways, Tanaka will be driving us there by carriage. I do not want Sebastian always around me. He is a great butler, but sometimes I cannot stand his arrogant self.. I would like to enjoy some freedom from this manor as well."

(Y/n) nods, "Ohh, okay."

Ciel felt his cheeks get warmer as he added shyly, "Y-You can sort of call this a date..."

(Y/n) felt her heart pick up a few beats. She giggles timidly, "You are blushing a lot, Ciel. You are so cute!" She then lightly pokes Ciel's cheek.

Ciel retorted, "Stop that! I am not cute!" He adjusts his eyepatch and gets off the bed. Ciel quickly ordered, "I will leave you to get dressed. I will be waiting outside then." (Y/n) watched Ciel leave her room, as she then got dressed. Opening the door, Ciel offered his hand in politeness to (Y/n). (Y/n) grins, "You are acting extra polite today!"