❦Chapter 2 : Formalties

Ciel questioned (Y/n) after question, as the two cups of tea have been placed onto his desk by his butler, Sebastian. Ciel learned very little of (Y/n) from her short replies. The young earl really wanted to get to know (Y/n) even more; after all, she is going to work for him.

Meanwhile, Sebastian had left Ciel's office to go check on the 'others'. The raven-haired butler arrived to the manor's kitchen, only to see chaos, which isn't a surprise for him. Sebastian placed his hand to his face with an annoyed sigh at the sight. A plum-red haired girl in a maid uniform with round thick spectacles, was trying to balance a wobbling tower of plates. A short strawberry-blond haired boy with red bobby pins clipped in his hair and turquoise eyes, was sitting in the corner crying. Then, on the other side of the room, a dirty-blond male also with turquoise eyes, was waving a flamethrower around yelling nonsense. The kitchen was a mess and untidy.

Sebastian first gracefully caught the maid with glasses in one arm and balanced the tower of plates in his other hand. The maid suddenly had a gush of blood out of her nose.  Inside her mind, she was fangirling over how Sebastian held her. The butler placed the plates near the sink, and proceeded to get the flamethrower away from the dirty-blond. The strawberry-blond boy in the corner stopped crying and jumped up in excitement, "Sebastian is here! Yay!!"

Sebastian somersaulted out of the way of the flamethrower that the dirty-blond male had waving around. The dirty-blond grunted with a cigarrette dangling from his mouth, "Aye, this flamethrower is broken! Help a man out!"

Sebastian grabbed the flamethrower and swiftly yanked it off of the male, confiscating it. The butler scolded in a cold demeanor, "Baldroy, I thought I told you multiple times that you are not allowed to use the flamethrower in the kitchen.."

The dirty blond named Baldroy, looked down and gruffly replied, "Alright, alright. My bad.. I just thought it would cook the food faster,"

Sebastian turned to the plum-red haired maid and said in irritation, "And you, Meyrin.. Watch where you are going, please, or you will get hurt."

The short strawberry-blond stood next to Meyrin and smiled, "Hi Sebastian!"

Sebastian groaned, "Finny... how did this started?"

Finny pursed his lips and furrowed his eyebrows as he thought about it, "Hmm, I don't know...."

Sebastian stated, "I see.. Tomorrow afternoon, there will be a new female coworker working here. I want everyone to introduce themselves and tell her what she is required to do around the manor at the main hall."

Baldroy raised his eyebrow in interest, "A female worker is coming? Is she hot?"

Finny's eyes sparkled, "I will help her! I will help her! I feel like me and her will get along just great! I bet she is pretty!"

Meyrin timidly adjusted her glasses and said, "I-I'll try my best to help her!"

Sebastian looked disgusted by the two male's answers, but in the end he bid the three a goodnight.

Ciel had dismissed (Y/n) to her own room to take a bath. He said there will be some clothes for her on her bed to sleep in, while her maid uniform was in the wardrobes. (Y/n) reiterated the directions that Ciel had told her to get to her room. She rounded a dark corner and bumped into someone.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean to-!"

(Y/n) looked up to see Sebastian himself looming over her. He was quite tall. His hands were on her shoulders, as he asked her if she was okay. (Y/n)'s breath hitched in her throat. She was speechless on what to say in this situation as she only managed a faint nod.