No Joke

One month later

"Harley, you said you'd tell him before the month was over."

"Sorry, Red. It's hard, ya know.

"You're four months into this pregnancy and he hasn't even noticed yet! To be perfectly honest, I'd say you were pretty lucky."

-----------------------
How to tell your psychopathic husband that you're actually pregnant.

Step One: Spoil him with affection.

"Puddin!" Harley exclaimed, jumping into Joker's arms as he walked into the kitchen.
Taken back, Joker laughed and clutched her waist.
"Hi, honey." He spoke, kissing her head and pushing her back from him.

"You're a lot ...happier today." Joker spoke in utter confusion. Harley nodded in a romantic trance, as she took his arm and spun herself around.

Joker joined in the dance, placing a hand on her waist and locked his other hand with hers.

Stopping suddenly, Harley felt a small kick from her stomach and turned away from Joker, who stood in worry

"Harley, what's wrong?" He asked, as she smiled and whispered to herself, "The first kick."
Turning to her husband, Harley cleared her throat.

"I need to tell ya something. But ya gotta promise not to get angry!"
Joker nodded slowly, full of worry as Harley held out her pinky finger, pointing it towards him.
"Pinky promise?" She asked politely.
Joker linked his pinky finger with hers, as she closed her eyes and took his whole hand.
Harley placed his hand on her stomach, as his eyes started to light up in realisation.

A sudden kick from the stomach caused Harley to gasp, as Joker levelled himself at her stomach.
"This isn't a joke?" he stuttered, looking straight into her pale blue eyes. Harley nervously shook her head.
"No joke." She whispered, fearfully waiting for his response.
Joker stood up, staring down at Harley's nervous face.
"How long have you---"
"Four months and a day." She spoke back, biting her lip in concern.

He took a step back, looking to his left and watching Jack play on the living room floor.
Switching his glance back at his wife, Joker's face morphed into a large grin, stretching out the sides of his mouth.

Harley covered her mouth in shock, "You ain't frowning.." She lightly muttered, as he nodded.

A quiet laugh escaped his mouth, as he began to tip his head back in a state of hysterics.
Harley sighed with relief, joining in with the laughter as he put a hand on her shoulder.

Going silent, he looked her in the eyes and seriously asked, "Girl or boy?" To which Harley shrugged, "Ugh, I don't know."

Joker nodded, taking everything in and biting his lip.
"Harley, why did you keep this from me all this time?" He asked, as Harley's smile slowly turned back to a frown.
"I thought you'd be mad at me. You kept saying how you didn't want another kid, and so I was scared." She spoke sadly, looking up to him.

Joker bowed his head to her, "Well, we're kinda stuck with the kid now, aren't we?" He smiled, stroking her hair.

All the while, Harley stood with a shocked smile on her face.
"So, ya not gonna shout at me?" She asked, surprised.
Joker crossed his eyebrows, "No. Why, do you want me to?"

The pair burst into laughter, as Joker looked straight at Harley, pulling her in for a hug.
She smiled and rested her head against his chest.

"So, we're having another little Joker. Sounds good to me." He quietly spoke, before Harley brought up another idea.
"Or...a little Harley?" She hopefully spoke, "We might have a girl." To which Joker raised both eyebrows, "Geez, don't you think you've scared me enough tonight?"