Knock Knock

That night, the King and Queen of Gotham City certainly had a night to remember. Of course, for Jack's sake, they made a real effort to keep the noise down.

Out of breath, Harley sighed "Ha, that was a whole lot of fun. I was thinking maybe ya wan---"

"MOMMEEEEE!" Jack's scream interrupted her, as the pair sat up in bed.
"Ya think he's having a nightmare?" Harley asked Joker, who shook his head, jumping out of bed.
"No. He'd be crying if it was a nightmare. Something's up." He quickly said, rushing out with a fearful Harley, who quickly found a dress to slip on.

"Jack?" Joker called out, entering the toddler's bedroom, only to find an empty bed. He began to panic, "Shit. HARLEY!" He yelled, as she ran into the room, only to receive the same shock her husband did.
"Look everywhere." He told her, as they both frantically searched through the bedroom, then the whole house, calling his name out.

10 minutes had passed, still with no luck.
"Jack!!" Harley screamed, before crumbling up on the floor with terror. Approaching from behind, Joker slowly pulled her up, "Come on, get in the car." The pair jumped in the Lamborghini, speeding down the road.
Through tears, Harley said "Where are we going?" Joker placed a hand on her thigh, "It's okay. I think I know who took him." He told her.
Harley's eyes nearly bulged out of her head, "What?! Who?" She shouted, keeping her eyes on him.

He smirked, "You remember a man called Jonathan?" Harley gulped, "Yeah. Jonathan Crane. We were engaged. I remember now." She whispered in shock.

Joker nodded, "I certainly remember, too. You left me and Jack for two years, not even calling once." His smile began to morph into a frown, as he went back.
"Memories are so vile." He muttered, before snapping out of his sadness and into his joyful state again.
"So, to Johnny's house we go." He laughed hysterically as he sped down the road.
Harley looked at him, smiling.
"I'm surprised you actually care," she spoke, as he cocked his head to the side.
"Care about what?" He asked her, pressing his foot harder on the acceleration.
She shrugged, "When I first met ya, I didn't think you'd be the kind of guy who'd actually be good with kids."
He sniggered, "Who said I was good with kids?"
Harley laughed back, "I dunno. I just meant that you didn't really seem like someone who would care about his own son...no offence or anything!"

He nodded his head, before clearing his throat.
"Well, everyone has a weakness, and a weakness can be leveraged." He said, to which Harley nodded back and smiled.

He quickly glanced at her, "What do you think of me now?"
Harley looked out of the window as they pulled up at Jonathan's house, "I think you're a good father...not to mention a pretty great husband!" She laughed.

Getting out of the car, Joker gave Harley a hand as she climbed out.
She crossed her eyebrows, "Why do you think he took Jack?" She asked.
Joker shrugged, "Revenge, probably. You did dump him in a pretty nasty way," He said, as they walked to the door. Harley threw her hands in the air, "What was I supposed to do? He was being a real jerk anyway." She protested.

Joker placed a hand around her waist, "C-mon, let's go get our son."

"Knock knock, Johnny-boy!" Joker exclaimed, standing outside the door with Harley at his side.