With You

"What the hell do you take me for?!" Hugo screamed at Joker through the phone.
"Woah, woah, woah! Calm down Strangey!" He fought back, "What's the problem?"
Hugo sighed with annoyance, "I should've known what you were planning all along! I'm so sick of your stupid jokes, J!" He screamed again.
With confusion, Joker asked "What joke? I haven't done anything!"
"Stop acting so naive, would you?You got me, okay? I really fell for the whole 'dead son' gimmick!" He shouted into the phone, hurting Joker's ear.

In shock, Joker replied with
"Gimmick? I told you the truth. My son di--"
"Yeah, yeah. Nice try. I had my guys dig up the grave, only to find a small robotic child lying in the coffin."

Choking on his breath, Joker stammered "Robotic? You're sure it wasn't a human?"
Sighing with frustration, Hugo spoke "I'm not up for your stupid games, Joker." He finished, hanging up the phone.

Slowly putting down the phone, Joker felt himself go limp. The small lifeless body he held in his arms the night of the explosion, was that actually Jack?
In an instance, everything made sense. Harley said she hadn't been at the funeral. Jonathan made sure she didn't.
In actual fact, nobody had been to the funeral apart from Jonathan himself.

"HARLEY!" Joker yelled down the hall to his wife, who sat on the couch drinking away. "Whaaat?" She moaned, staggering into the office.
Laying his eyes on her, Joker immediately grabbed her shoulders and kissed her.
Pulling back in shock, Harley raised an eyebrow, "Woah, daddy. Ya feelin' alright?" She asked, concerned.

Joker began to laugh hysterically, grabbing his black waistcoat from the desk, he pulled Harley out of the house and into the car.
She stopped him and began to yell, "Mistah J? What's going on?"
He nodded his head repeatedly, before speaking "It's one big joke, Harley."

"What's one big joke? Puddin', can you be more specific?" She exhaustedly asked him, strapping the seat belt over her shoulders.

He stared her down.
"Jonathan. It all makes sense now! He got exactly what he wanted: fear. Jack isn't dead. He's alive, Harl!" He exclaimed, causing Harley to place a hand on his forehead,
"I don't think you're well, Puddin. Let's go back insi--"
"But you don't understand, Harley!" Joker shouted, "Hugo just got off the phone with me. He said that the only thing in our son's coffin was a robotic figure made to look like Jack. His actual body isn't there." He told her, as she sat back in the seat with shock,
"Wait, so instead of us playing a joke on him--"

"The joke is really on us." Joker finished her sentence, starting up the ignition and beginning to drive down the road.
"Where do we start?" She asked, sticking her head out of the window.
Shaking his head, Joker said "His house. If he's not there, we keep looking. I don't care how long it is before we find him. Wherever he is, Jack will be there too."

Nodding in nervousness, Harley suddenly grinned "It's been too long since we've had a real adventure." She whispered, to which Joker nodded. A slight chuckle escaped his mouth,
"And it never gets old. Especially with you."