Ouran Love Chapter 12 (Goodbye's never felt so imminent)

"Boys I have something to tell you," Their mother said.

             "Yes?" They answered together flinching when their mother glared.

              "I'm going to over look that one but only because I have such great news." She said her face lighting up in a smile.

              "What-" Aiko started but was cut off.

        "You will both be joining us on our next business trip! We're going to Paris!" She shouted giddily clapping her hands together. The boys stood stunned for a moment but before either could protest Hime appeared, almost out of thin air, looking pissed.

            "What! What did you just say?" She hissed at her mother who now had a slightly amused look on her face.

                  "I said, my precious little deaf child," The boys could almost hear Hime canines sharpen,"That my two lovely boys will be joining me and your father on our next business trip while you," She said spitting out the word 'you' like it was poisonous, "Will be staying here to watch the house while we're gone. It looked like a pig sty before I don't want that to happen again. You incompetent child." She finished smoothing down imaginary wrinkles in her blouse.

                "Oh OK! I understand now." Hime said grinding her teeth to keep from yelling. "You want to take away my only company besides the maids and butlers!" Now she was barely succeeding but she was trying hard not to claw her mother.

             "Child I'm sure you make SOME friends. I mean look at you!" Her mother said giving Hime a once over, "I'm sure someone in that school just HAS to pity you I mean I do." Even her brothers looked offended at their mother's words but Hime wasn't she'd built up a thick skin to this abuse. She took a deep breath and counted to ten.

           Letting her mother win was the last thing she was going to do, "I have homework. Leave." Was all she said, pulling her brothers back and slamming the door.Hime walked stiffly to her bed and pulled out her homework.

            "Hime?" Aiko said quietly. She didn't respond not trusting her voice when she knew it would break.

           "Hime, please." Aito pleaded scared she'd never talk to them.

         "Hime-" Aiko started but stopped when he saw her lips moving.

         "I knew it." she whispered, hands shaking slightly.

              "You knew what?" Aito asked stepping towards her, but she went on as if he hadn't spoken.

           "That evil witch. I knew it. I can't get close to anything without her finding some way to rip it away. I take my guard down for a second or look away for a moment and she rips it out from under me." She put her head down shaking violently looking completely defeated. "I-I-," She started tears dripping onto the pages of her forgotten homework.

             "Hime we-"

          "I can't lose you too!" She yelled sobbing violently. She fell to the floor head resting on her knees. "I just can't." She went back to whispering knowing her brothers could hear without her mother being able too. "I have nothing left to lose if she takes you. Please don't leave me alone." She hiccuped uncontrollably sobbing into her hands. "Please." She whispered before going into more violent sobs. Her brothers rushed to her stunned and a little afraid their mother had finally broken her.

             "God, Hime we would never, ever leave you alone. I swear." Aiko said holding her tightly.

          "We swear." Aito corrected laying his head on his sister's shoulder and squeezing her too.