God can never lose.

8/08

Dear Diary,

You know what I hate about religion? Particularly Christianity? God can never lose. He's always a hero. If you didn't, say, get into a car accident that you could've gotten into it's because God intervened. If you did get into the car accident it's because God wanted you to for some unknown and "mysterious" reason. There was something you needed to learn, or if you died, that your family needed to learn.

See? He's always a hero. God helps? HERO! God doesn't help? HERO! There's no way to lose. It's clearly just Christian-logic as they scramble to justify when God doesn't help.

Furthermore, say you didn't get in the accident.

"God is great! You didn't get in an accident!"

Say you do, but you aren't injured. Your car is totaled though.

"God is great! Your car may be wrecked, but you didn't get hurt!"

Say you survive, but are paralyzed.

"God is great! You may never walk again, but you lived!"

Say you die.

"God is great! It's part of his plan! They're in heaven now!"

If God is so great, why doesn't he just stop every accident altogether every time? Isn't God supposed to be able to do everything? See the problem? That's why I hate it.

Yours,
Paisley Marin

[This is something I still agree with, though I would structure the argument a bit differently.