Three Princesses Part 3

Once upon a time there was a king who had two beautiful daughters, and one other.

The two beautiful had long golden hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks and pale skin.

The other had scraggly black hair, blotchy skin and ugly brown eyes. The king was so ashamed that he locked her away and told everyone that he had only two daughters. He showed them off and bragged of their beauty to all.

The youngest daughter tended to the older one's needs and helped them pick out gowns and do their hair.

Though she was missing fatherly love, the princess was happy. One day, though, she grew very ill and died.

There was no funeral, for no one but the castle serpents and the royal family knew of her. There was no memorial, no flowers, no tears. The elder sisters did not think they cared.

However, one day a ball was being held and they could not do their hair, nor pick out their gowns.

The two sisters raged and screamed for their sister before realizing she would not come. They could not go to that ball, or any others after. In fact, they could never leave the castle again. It was then that they realized how they truly missed their sister.

They had taken her for granted and now she would never come back again.