Three Princesses Part 2

Once upon a time there was a king who had three beautiful daughters. All three were very lovely with flawless skin, golden hair, rosy cheeks and large, chocolate eyes.

The king loved them dearly, but he never let them leave the castle, for he said only he should gaze upon their beauty.

But one day the king decided it was time to marry them off and choose one to inherit the kingdom. So to choose he gathered his daughters in the parlor and asked each of them to tell how they loved him.

The eldest daughter said, "Father, I love you as much as all the jewels in the entire kingdom."

The second daughter stated, "I love you like all the gowns and garments in the world."

The youngest daughter thought very carefully before replying. "Papa... I love you as a ball loved music."

"Then you do not love me at all." The King said. He banished the youngest daughter and decided that the eldest would become queen.

So he found a husband for her. They were married and about to be crowned.

Meanwhile, the youngest daughter got a job as one of the peasants who were to plan her sister's coronation ball.

While it happened, the king noticed furiously that there was no music. "Who dares to have the queen's ball without music?!" He raged.

The youngest daughter stepped forward. "I would not give you music, your majesty." She explains. "For did you not exile your youngest daughter for saying it was of value?"

The king then realized that the youngest daughter did indeed love him best. He cancelled the coronation right then and there.

The eldest daughter raged and the middle daughter was happy, thinking she shall be queen.

But when they learned of how the youngest sister is back they were even angrier. So they plotted.

One night when the youngest was asleep the eldest daughters snuck into her room and slit her throat. They enclosed the knife in her grasp to make it seem as though she had taken her own life.

When the king found his daughter he was delirious with grief. Instead of turning the kingdom over to one of his other daughters as they had hoped, he declared that no one deserved the kingdom. He locked himself away for years and the kingdom collapsed.

The other sisters were cast out into poverty. This is when they realized the error of their ways. If they had let their sister be queen, then they would still be royalty. Now they were meet peasants. The daughters realized also that the youngest really had deserved the throne, for she truly loved their father best. But now it was too late. Everyone was miserable.