Chapter 10

Valentina sat outside for a little longer, thinking over everything. She played with a small leaf, twirling it in her fingers as her mind wandered. At the cracking of a stick, she spun around, eyes alert. She was stunned when she found Odysseus staring at her with emotionless eyes.

"It's almost dinner time." He stated.

She frowned, "So?"

"As the future Luna-

"I'm not your future Luna." She spat, cutting him off. "I don't want that title and I don't want you."

Something flashed in his eyes, "Stop being a whiney bitch, Valentina. Yes, I killed your mother, but I am truly sorry. I'm also sorry that you're one to hold onto things of the past."

"So do you."

"I know."

It was silent again, she clenched her jaw and looked away. "You're too full of yourself to see the real picture here."

"The what?"

She chuckled, "Nothing."

She got up and brushed herself off, she then walked past Odysseus, disrespecting him in a silent way. He growled softly, warning her to stop. When she continued walking, he spun around and grabbed her by the wrist. She bared her canines at him, but he didn't let go.

"The Alpha is first." He snarled.

She glowered at him, "Yes, and so are ladies. Female Alphas go first."

"I wouldn't call you a lady." He scoffed. "You're just a rogue. Worthless."

She stiffened at his words, they sliced through her cold heart, causing a small crack to appear. She yanked her wrist from his grasp, her eyes turning black as she stepped away from him.

"I think the pack can survive without a worthless rogue joining dinner." She said quietly before running back towards the packhouse.

Odysseus groaned and mentally cursed himself out, of course he lost his temper. He hated being an Alpha, he hated the fact he always lost control when someone disrespected him. He knew it was in his nature, but he believed it also made him a danger. To his pack, his mate, and himself.

He stood there for a few more seconds, he shook his head and walked back home.