Chapter 6

Valentina took a bite of her sandwhich as Odysseus walked in, he was sporting a black eye and a somewhat, broken nose. Valentina completely ignored him, she found it amusing that she had caused all of that on an Alpha male. She never imagined her punches to be that strong, she smiled, she just learns something new each day. Odysseus glanced at her, when she didn't acknowledge him, he did feel a hint of hurt, but he quickly masked it. 

"Your room is right down the hall from mine." he told her, grabbing some milk.

She frowned, "Why am I so close to you? Couldn't I sleep in another hall?" 

"No." he stated, ignoring her question.

"Listen, you just kidnapped me, if you want me to hate you a little less...I suggest letting me choose where I sleep." she snapped.

Odysseus closed his eyes, he fought the urge to show her that he deserves her respect, because she had a point. He knew what he did was wrong, but he couldn't just let her stay in an abusive home. He was being impulsive again, he knew it, but he had to protect her. 

"I've already decided, Valentina. You're staying in that room." he growled, facing her.

She narrowed her eyes, "I don't want to be anywhere close to my mother's murderer. I should probably make that my mother and grandmother's murderer." 

"What? I didn't kill your grandmother. As for your mother, I'm sorry, I was young and-

"That's no excuse." she spat. "You still killed her, like she was nothing. She may have not mattered to you, but she mattered a whole lot to me, my father, and my pack. The night you killed her was the night you ruined my life. Sorry will never be enough." 

Odysseus swallowed, "I know...I know sorry will never be enough. If I could bring her back, I would. Please, believe me."

"No! I've learned my lesson about Alphas like you. You're all impulsive, demanding, possessive, intimidating, and so on! Just because I'm your mate doesn't mean you can just steal me from my home!" 

"How can you even call that place your home?" he snarled.

Tears pooled into her eyes as she clenched her jaw, "Before you ruined my life, it was my home." 

He was about to say something, but her grandmother walked into the kitchen, earning her granddaughter's attention. Valentina gaped at her before getting up and running into her arms, Odysseus stiffened when he heard her sobs. He looked down, swallowing hard, he swiftly left the room. He locked his office door before growling and punching the wall, he continued taking his anger out on the wall until he just sat in the middle of his office. His eyes held tears that he refused to shed, he blinked them away, trying to gain control over his emotions again. 

He bit his lip, "Why can't I just have one person that actually cares about me?" he thought to himself.