Chapter 8

Warning: We are about to see a change in Odysseus. He's going to live up to the title of being a cold and heartless Alpha. Big time. No, he won't go screwing other girls, won't physically abuse her, etc. He's just going to become an ass.

Valentine silently walked along the halls, she ignored the various curious glances from the pack's people. She didn't care for their opinions, which flowed through the air and met her ears. Even though some of them were a huge slap on the face, she chose to not start any arguments. Her mother would always tell her to walk away from those who are negative towards you, they weren't worth the time. She sighed as she entered the kitchen, her eyes immediately found three males sitting at the table. They stopped eating their lunch and stared at her, she scrunched up her nose when she smelled their arousal. 

"Pigs."  Her wolf spat.

She silently agreed with her beastly side, she flashed them all a glare before she began to search for food. She could feel their heated stares for a whole fifteen minutes, usually, females would drop at their feet. Well, their panties would be dropping, that was how many young she-wolves were. It wasn't that they were sluts, it was just their instinct. They're unmated, their wolves want to have a family, they crave it. They were part animal after all, the need to mate was almost impossible to ignore. Especially in the young and newly shifted females, their wolves were just starting to discover their...bodies. 

However, she was like the other half of the females, she didn't care for any of that. She found it funny that the Moon Goddess invented mates, she should have thought about that before giving them crazy hormones. Her mother was the same and even her father, they both fought their wolves' need to mate until they found each other. A small ache formed in her heart at the thought of her mother, she released a breath before leaning against the counter top. 

"So, the Alpha let in a rogue?" a male mused.

She turned around to look at them, a blonde haired one smirked at her. "Tell me, how did you convince him? I'm sure you used your body...a body like that would definitely interest our Alpha." 

She raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Has he mated with others before?" 

"Nah, he's saving himself for his mate." the guy replied. "That's a law in the pack. Though, we have many females falling at his feet for his...goods." 

She could hear the disgust in his voice, she smirked at the obvious jealousy. "Why so jealous? Do you want a piece of your Alpha as well?" she teased.

He glared at her, "No. I want those females though."

"Why am I not surprised? Men like you are the lowest of the low." 

"You women aren't any better." he retorted.

"I won't argue there. Many women are just as bad, they're with you in the ranks." she grinned. 

"So, are you screwing our Alpha or not?" a brown haired one demanded.

She turned her gaze to him, "No. I just so happen to be his mate. Too bad I don't want him." 

He smirked, "Would you want one of us, then?"

"A bunch of pigs like you?" she scoffed. "I'll pass."

"Why are you such a bitch?" the third snarled.

She raised an eyebrow, "I'm part wolf, sweetheart, my other side is literally a bitch." 

"So, you're telling me you're just meant to pop out pups? I could totally handle a bitch like you." the first one smirked.