[12]

A silent hug means a thousand words to an unhappy heart.

-Kemmy Nola

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

The fear that punctured the pupils of my Butler was something I had never come across in my time of knowing him

The fear that punctured the pupils of my Butler was something I had never come across in my time of knowing him. I found them in the room where our guest had been confined. Sebastian's arms were bound to her form, she sat in his lap, her body facing his and her legs wrapped around his torso relishing in the comforting warmth I had only assumed that he brought to her.  Oh the irony, a creature not of warm blood providing solace to one of. The dust from the room made it's way on to the bottom of their garments turning the hem of her dress and the underside of his dress pants an ash grey. The edges of the smoky tulle that formed her dress almost blanketing the pair as they embraced each other, with each passing second their grips getting more secure. Her head was nuzzled within Sebastian's chest, the soft hicc's and quiet sniffles causing her shoulders to jerk up and down. Sebastian stayed still. His chin planted to the top of her head, while his scarlet eyes stared blankly at the wall behind behind her, where just below his gaze laid a severely beaten Duke of York.

The man who's arrogance seeped through his pores more than his own perspiration did, the definition of cocky, the typical socialite of our age, a kidnapper; knocked off his theoretical throne as soon as he encountered the Queen's guard dog, his servant and her majesty's natural born enemy. Ciel huffed, a low chuckle rumbling from the depths of his chest at the situation they had gotten themselves into. An unlikely bunch that worked together to take someone such as the likes of him down. He took a step further into the room, next to the man who gurgled blood from the pit of his esophagus, a man who was once known to have a pristine face, now bloodied and beaten beyond recognition. The Earl stood above him, in the small closet sized room that was only lit by the candle lights of the deserted hallway baffled that the lying man still had a steady rise and fall of his chest.

Then something clicked within him. He felt as if something was off about the events that occurred that very evening. Then his eyes met the pair still embracing in the corner of the room. How had he not noticed this before? From the sudden request from [First Name] to have Sebastian accompany her to the ball, the odd times Sebastian had been returning to him for the past day and a half, the extreme beating he gave the Duke regardless of his orders to just capture him and now the embrace in the corner? With his weight leaning on his cane, he lifted a leg and placed a foot on the shoulder of the bloodied man, pressing down slightly, earning a groan from him. 'How naïve have I been?' He leaned his head back and inhaled sharply through his nose, the metallic scent of blood filling his lungs before he let out a long breath. 'To be dealt with later.' He thought to himself, not forgetting the mission at hand.