[9]

Fear is like fire,

If you can control it, it can cook for you,

it can heat your house.

If you can't control it, 

it will burn everything and destroy you. 

Fear is your best friend of your worst enemy. 

-Suzuya Juuzo 

Fear: An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain or a threat

She sat before her boudoir, a brand new fluffy white dressing gown wrapped securely around her body. Her hair damp from the shower she just had, assisted by a persistent Mey-Rin who refused a 'No.' for an answer. [First Name] was not complaining by any means however, she was thankful for the maid's assistance, as it ever so slightly calmed her anxieties about the situation she was about to be placed in . 

Though she did not show it outwardly, she was riddled with fear on the inside. She made great efforts to keep her suave persona, to not worry anyone else around her. Constant flash backs of her last assignment plagued her thoughts. Normally, any other being like herself would not have been so traumatized. 'It's just a job right?' ,'I bet the sex was amazing, why are you complaining?', ' I bet you fed off of so many men, you won't be hungry for the next couple thousand years!', 'Be grateful, clearly you're Lucifer's favorite if he sends you to the surface for so long.' She remembered the words of other succubi when she tried venting for the first first time, causing her to visibly shiver. 

"Madame? Are you cold? Should I fetch a blanket?" The concerned maid halted the brushing of [First Name]'s locks, placing the ceramic brush on the smooth surface before the both of them. "No no I am alright Mey-Rin." [First Name] mumbled out after taking in a small breath of air. With a nod, the maid did not push any further, picking up the brush once more and returning to her task at hand. "Have you seen the mask the Earl has picked out for you Madame?" the maid hummed, finishing her brushing and detangling. "No, not at all actually. I assume it would be a lovely pick." She nodded and watched as the maid made her way to the small chest of cosmetics. "Oh yes it is, I think it would definitely bring the look together!"

[First Name] closed her eyes deciding to bask in the feeling of being pampered. She felt the maids slender fingers glide softly along her supple skin, completely unsure of what she was actually doing but enjoying the feeling nonetheless. With the darkness that came with her eyes being shut, she began to grow more relaxed for once. Her mind began to drift to more savory memories of her times in the underworld, before she was sent back to the surface to fulfill her duties once more.