[3]

I spent the rest of the carriage ride engaging in casual banter with Ciel while stealing glances at Sebastian, who had not taken his eyes off me since my innocent teasing with his master. On occasion, I would peer my vision out of the window to admire the summer London aesthetic.

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝

'A woman of stature and class

'A woman of stature and class. An effortless beauty with a dark enticing aura. She has seemed to have checked off all the requirements of being a succubus, however I do not want to make an outright assumption just yet. Throughout the carriage ride, I let my mind wonder about the information my master and I gathered while on the prowl for her. What was described in the file we composed was far from matching the description of the woman before us.'

'The file described an incident, where she posed as the wife of an abusive husband who was known for bringing contraband into England. It was mentioned that said husbands subordinates had their way with her for nights on end, however she still managed to maintain her public persona as a highly sought after model. The man once said to be her husband suddenly disappeared under mysterious circumstances. It was said that the matter was swept under the rug personally, by her majesty.'

'Since gathering this information, she has peaked my interest, always lingering in the back of my thoughts. Her majesty does not cover incidences up for just anyone, so she must have something special about her.'

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝

I let out an audible sigh, unbeknownst to my location. "Is something the matter Sebastian?" the young master said with slight annoyance but also snapping me from my day dream. "Not at all my Lord. My apologies." I replied with a seated bow. 'I wonder what you are thinking about right now Miss [Last Name].'

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝

The carriage came to a sudden halt, parking itself in an unfamiliar courtyard. Sebastian rose from his seat, letting himself out then holding out his hand for his master. Ciel took his butler's gloved hands and stepped out of the carriage. Immediately I heard a muffled shrill. "Young Master!" the voice exclaimed. Sebastian then peered into the carriage once more and held his hand out to me. "Welcome to the Phantomhive manor, Lady [Last Name]."

I took his gloved palm and allowed him to guide me out of the carriage. He wasted no time in letting his fingers linger along my waist as he guided me out. I let my eyes adjust to the light and sighed happily. I was met with a vintage style mansion which peaked my interest. Suddenly remembering my shopping from earlier, I turned to see the blank space where the carriage once was. "My shopping was in the carriage." I said under my breath. "You need not worry about those, our maid has taken care of them already Lady [Last Name]." Sebastian's cool voice reassured me. "Oh? Maid?" I said with a cocked brow and watched as Sebastian gestured to the other members of staff at the Phantomhive manor.