Pool Day

“Good morning.” Caitlin said walking into my room and flinging the curtains open. I shielded my eyes from the bright sun shining right on me.

“What’s so good about mornings?” I asked her throwing my head back into my warm fluffy pillow.

“Everything, the cool morning air, the wet grass everything!” she said all way to excited.

I sat up. “Ok, who are you and what happen to Caitlin.”

She gasped, “I’m right here! Come on it’s a beautiful day and I thought we could have a pool day at my house!” she said with a big smile.

I nodded my head. “Sounds fun.” I admitted

“Awesome, now get ready and I’ll meet you down stairs.”  She said and with that she left the room.

I pulled my comforter off of me,  walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.  I walked into my closet and threw on a sparkily bright pink bikini, then I threw some white short shorts over it, along with a crop tank top. I threw my hair up into a pony tail; I walked out of my room and down the stairs where I saw Caitlin standing by the front door texting.

“Ready?” Caitlin asked.

“Yeah hold on a sec though.” I said “I’m going to tell usher where I’m  going.” I said and started to walk towards the kitchen door.

She quickly grabbed my arm. “Uh its ok he’ll know where you are.” She stuttered.

I looked at her confused. “Just hold on a sec, I’ll be right back. I have to tell him where I’m going.”  I shook off her arm and walked into the kitchen.

I stopped suddenly when I saw usher and Justin talking and eating breakfast.

Me and Justin’s eyes met but I quickly looked away. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Caitlin walked in with a guilty look on her face, no wonder she didn’t want me to go in here.

I suddenly became interested in my shoes.

“Uh we just came in to tell you that we are going to have a pool day at my house today so, Nicole will be home later.” She told usher, what I could make out to say. “Bye.” She said quickly. She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room.

We walked out to the car without a word. It wasn’t until once we got in the car and drove away Caitlin said something.

“Are you ok?” she asked carefully.

I nodded and gave her a small smile. “Fine.”

She looked at me in concern. “You know its ok to not be fine.” She said glancing at me.

I pondered that for a minute. Maybe I’m not fine. I mean I always say I’m fine, but most of the time I’m not. Fine is just a word to hide your feelings.

I nodded.

We pulled up into her drive way of her massive house.

“Your house is so unbelievable.” I said hopping out of the car.

“Stop it. It’s not my house it’s my parents.” She said with her chin up.

I laughed. “What every floats your boat.” I said and followed her into the house.

“Mom, I’m home.” She yelled though the large entrée way.

“Hey sweetie!” a woman said walking into view of us.

“Hey mom, this is Nicole. Nicole this is my mom Elizabeth.”

I smiled at her, “Hi, nice to meet you.”