Worlds Apart ~ Chapter 17

Ali: Yo! Here's Chapter 17. Sorry 'bout the delaaaaay, broskito. But yeah, here it is. I hope you guys like it! :D

vote/comment/fan <3

Chapter 17

Brandon’s POV

I watched her try to open her locker for the second time. She’s so cute, the way she gets so frustrated. What she didn’t realize what that she was at the wrong locker. Hers was the next one over. I went over to help her out.

“Hey, Abs. Having some trouble?”

She looked up. “Yes! This stupid thing won’t…open!” she cried, forcefully moving the lock up and down.

“Is this even your locker?” I asked.

“Of course it-” she said, stopping suddenly when she looked up at the number of the locker to see it wasn’t hers.

“Oh…” she muttered.

I laughed. She’s the cutest thing. If I hadn’t screwed things up with her by taking Ashley, Abby would be all mine. But, now I have to work to get her back.

“What are your plans for the weekend?” I asked casually.

She froze and looked straight ahead with a scared expression on her face, almost as if she was hiding something.

“I…uh…I’m busy all weekend…family stuff.” she stammered.

“Really?” I asked, kind of sarcastically.

“Brandon, I think it’s best if I didn’t talk about it. Okay?”

“Sure, I guess.”

“Good. So anyway, what about you?”

“I was hoping I could hang out with you but, I guess not.”

She closed her locker and spun around towards me.

“Look, Brandon, I feel bad about not being able to hang out or anything. But, you can’t just sit here and make me feel guilty for the rest of the day.”

“Fine,” I said. The bell rang. “I have to go. How about a kiss before I leave?” I continued with a wink.

“See you later, Brandon.” she said with a chuckle.

We went our separate ways, and I wondered what I’d done wrong. Most girls would have flirted back, but Abby would have usually blushed and walked away. She seemed so…over it. I hated it, this feeling of losing her.

There had to be someone else. Someone she’d rather have over me. That person better be pretty freaking special if she not only likes him better, but won’t tell me about him.

Just as I was thinking this, I bumped into someone.

“Sorry!” I said sincerely, seeming as I’m only 8% body fat with hard-as-rock abs (not trying to brag).

Still on the ground, the girl’s long, blonde hair covered her face from the fall. I reached out my hand to help her up.

“Thanks.” she said, flipping her hair out of her face.

It was Jessica Teller. I know Abby isn’t a huge fan of hers, but I’d never really met her.

She’s kind of hot, I thought to myself.