30. Don't Say Goodbye

Começar do início

"Harry, are you okay?" I asked, rushing to his aid. 
"Sirius," is all he spoke before grabbing us and rushing away from the commotion. 
He rushed us into castle and ran up the stairs. 
"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked as the four of us rushed up the stairs.
"I saw it. It's just like Mr Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months and I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before," Harry said. "Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time and it's in the Department of Mysteries."
"Harry, please just listen," Hermione said, causing us all to stop. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? Am I supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family Maddy and I have left," Harry argued, giving me a small smile.

"What do we do?" Ron piped up.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Harry announced.

"But Umbridge has the chimneys on surveillance?" Hermione countered.
"Not all of them," Harry and I spoke at the same time.

We arrived at Umbridge's office door but alas, it was locked. 
"Alohamora," Harry said with the wave of his wand.
We all walked into the horribly pink office and surrounded the fireplace. 

"Alert the order if you can," said Harry as he peered into the fireplace. 
"Are you mental?" asked Ron. "We're going with you."
"It's too dangerous!" Harry exclaimed. 

"No, Harry. We're coming with," I argued.
"When are you going to get this into your head? We're in this together," Hermione added.

"That you are," the familiar voice of Umbridge rang through the room.
Soon enough, Umbridge's gang of Slytherins had rounded up Luna, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and myself. Harry was sat in a chair in front of Umbridge. 

"I found this one trying to help the Weasley girl," Malfoy said as he dragged Neville into the office.
"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge asked in a sickly sweet voice.
"No," Harry answered truthfully only to receive a slap in the face. 
"You bitch," I muttered under my breath.
"Liar!" she exclaimed.

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape asked as he walked into the room.
For once I was thankful for his presence. Snape was a lot better than Umbridge, and that was saying something.
"Snape, yes. The time has come for answers whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you bought the Veritaserum?" she asked. 

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students, the last of it on Miss Chang," he replied in his usual monotonous voice. "Unless you wish to poison him, I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you."

As he began to leave the room, Harry spoke up.
"He's got Padfoot," he spoke. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."
"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? What is he talking about, Snape?" Umbridge interrogated.
"No idea," he spoke, clearly knowing who and what Harry was referring to.

"Very well," Umbridge huffed. "You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse may loosen your tongue."
"That's illegal," Hermione exclaimed. 

"What Cornelius doesn't know, won't hurt him," she said, as she turned away the photograph of Fudge.
She then turned to face Harry, pointing her wand in his face.

"No, no, no," I whispered to myself. "This can't be happening."
"Tell her Harry!" Hermione yelled.

"Tell me what?"

"Well if you won't tell her where it is, I will."
"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

Hermione and Harry where then lead off with Umbridge to Grawp to stall time. The rest of us needed to escape the clutches of the Slytherins. Through the handy work of  violence, Puking Pastilles and other assortments of Fred and George's prank sweets, we made it out of Umbridge's office. 

"I'll meet you outside the Great Hall," I told my friends. "I need to quickly go to my room."

I ran up the stairs and reached the Gryffindor common room. I needed to get changed out of these robes into something a little more suitable for leaving Hogwarts to go to the Ministry but that's when I noticed a letter on my pillow with my name on the envelope. I grabbed it and began to read it.

Dear my beloved Maddy,

I know we should have told you earlier but George and I are leaving Hogwarts. We've decided to end up with a big bang, interrupting your OWL's with a firework display to really get on Umbridge's nerves. I hope you like it.

I love you so dearly and it will really suck not being able to see you everyday from now on, but you'll be here for the summer, right? George and I have decided to take the winnings Harry gave us from the Triwizard Tournament and use them to invest in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes properly. We hope to purchase a lot in Diagon Alley, but we'll see how it goes. 

Please write to me when you can. I'll try and write everyday. I cannot wait to see your cheesy grin again this summer. I'll meet you at Kings Cross.
I love you.

Yours truly,

Fred. 

I sat on my bed in disbelief. He left without telling me? How was I going to complete the rest of this year without those two goofballs? It was going to be hard. I reluctantly pushed those thoughts to the back of my head. There were more important matters at hand. I got dressed and met up with the others. Little did I know the dread that was to come. 

~*~

Author's note:

Hello everyone,

It comes with great sadness to inform you that my update schedule may be delayed some more. A friend of mine, Mary passed away on the 18th of September from leukemia. Although we hadn't been very close in the past six or so months, it still saddens me greatly that she is gone. She was only fourteen or so, too young. My best friend was a lot closer to her than I was, so I need to take some time to not only console myself, but to console my friend. 

Rest in peace, Mary. You were very much loved and will be greatly missed. 

I hope you guys understand. 

Please remember to vote and comment any suggestions/ criticisms or general fangirling.  

Love you guys and please stay safe, 

~ MadGirl. xxx