Blame

"You sure about this?" I asked, hugging goodbye. Jackson hummed, nodding into my hair, "thanks for everything, but it's for the best--"

"Jackson, come on!" Mrs Wang's sister, Miss Zhou, rushed the male from her car. Jackson stepped away, picked up the last box, and headed towards his aunt's car.

Flashback;

Jackson sat up, preparing his clothes to go home from the hospital. "It'll be hard to forget how easy it was to just lie in bed all day," he joked, but silenced once he noticed Jungkook and I weren't laughing. He nudged me, "cheer up, hun, it's not like I died." I shot him a glare, but smiled softly when seeing how the melanin has come back to his once-super pale skin. Jackson stuffed the last of his mum's containers, which she had bought for the past three days with food, and zipped up his duffel bag.

"Hey." he sat down on the hospital bed. Jungkook and I stopped in our tracks, listening to him. Jackson took a large breath, "I'm going to Seoul." My eyes widened, "what?" He nodded, "my mum got in touch with my aunt, and she wants to take us in. It'll be for the better though," he forced a smile, "my mum can find a good paying job, and I can go to school without anyone knowing me." I gulped, not sure how to deal with this new piece of information. Sure, a lot of people had moved out of Busan to Seoul or any other city, but Jackson wasn't one I anticipated.

"When are you leaving?" Jungkook suddenly spoke up, which was the first thing he had said ever since we came. Jackson scoffed, mumbled something under his breath, and stood up. Picking up his duffel bag, Jackson put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, "still have until the end of Spring break, buddy."

***

And so, Spring break ended with me and Jungkook on the top of the little kiddy slide. My legs swaying in between the little bars that stopped the little children falling, I watched the sky turn into an soft amber. Jungkook let out deep breaths, legs spread out across the actual slide.

I smiled.

"It's nice to think for a while, isn't it?" I nodded, turning my head towards Jungkook. I smiled, examining his features in the dim light. His mouth was slightly open, and his arm cover half of his face. It was a satisfying sight. My soul nearly jumped out of my skin, now that Jungkook's uncovered eye had opened. He smiled, then sat up, taking a breath before speaking again, "I used to do this in America."

"Really?" I asked, fully turning my body to face him. He nodded, "after dance class, I would go here." My brows flew up, "you went to a dancing school?" The end of his lips curved upwards, "secretly, yeah. I always liked to dance, but my parents wanted me to focus on school and taking over the company. But," he gulped, "I want to be an idol."

My mouth dropped in awe. At that point, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach, and almost - only almost - did I understand how truly amazing it felt to love Jeon Jungkook.

~

A/N: Eeek. Sorry for not updating the last couple of days, I will catch up so that I can finish this story before New Year's :P