Calm

"Aeri, wake up." I felt someone nudge my arm, dragging me out of my dream about ponies on marshmallow clouds.

"Miss. Kim Aeri," a thunderous voice made me realise that I was still in lesson. I looked over to my math teacher, who was looking bemused. "Maybe you know how to solve this algebraic equation." He motioned for me to get up, giving me the whiteboard pen once I was at the front. My brain was all over the place, since I barely got sleep from the weekends.

On Saturday, I visited Jungkook and I was made to help him eat. Then on Sunday, I stayed up all night trying to finish all my homework. But now, I had to do a stupid equation. However, once I looked at it – it seemed like something I did in my homework. I began to solve it, clicking the pen lid closed once I was done. I looked at the teacher with an innocent smile.

"Alright miss, sit down." I obeyed, sitting down next to Hyerim. The murmurs behind us didn't help, since we hadn't talked since Friday. I wasn't mad at Hyerim, but I just had no power to talk to anyone. Jackson had gone back to his usual self, probably because he drank so much he forgot everything.

***

After school, I had agreed to visit Jungkook before he was discharged tomorrow. As I separated from Taehyung to go to the hospital, a hand grabbed my arm and turned me around. I was startled to see Jackson's smiling face.

"Want to go to the arcade?" He asked. I pursed my lips, remembering the fun times we had at the regular arcade. I shook my arm out of his grasp, finally gathering courage to look him in the eye.

"I'm going to visit Jungkook." I said, turning around but stopped when Jackson grabbed my arm again – tighter.

"Why? You gave him all your time on the weekends. You even left me at the party to be with him!" I tried to shake out of his hold, but he eventually turned me around and held both my arms until his fingers were turning yellow.

"Jackson-" I winced as he grabbed my jaw and made me look up at his anger boiling eyes. "Jackson, stop." I pleaded, pushing him away. I began to hyperventilate, feeling how numb my face felt. I bit my lip, turning around and walking away. I could hear him yell in anger, then a trash can crashed down to the payment.

***

I politely greeted the hospital's receptionist, rushing off to Jungkook's ward. The boy was sitting up, scrolling through his phone with an emotionless face. I looked at my reflection in the small door window, seeing that there was no bruise on my jaw. I smiled in relief, pushing the door open. Jungkook looked up, grinning as his eyes made contact with mine. I smiled back, going over to sit on his hospital bed.

"I don't have any food today."

"That's OK, as long as you came." I chuckled at his cuteness.

"It must be boring, all by yourself I mean." Jungkook shook his head, playing with my fingers using his left hand.

"Taehyung and Jimin usually sneak out at lunch to visit," he looked up, his eyes full of care. "And then there's you." I froze, feeling my heartbeat rate increase. The thumping sound filled my ears, which made me confused.

What the hell?

I shook the feeling away. "Do your parents still not know about you being in hospital?" I asked, knowing that Jungkook's parents were still in Russia. He shook his head, smiling softly.

"My mum's too busy sorting out things for the company, my dad texts regularly." He lifted his phone, showing me the screen as it lit up with a new notification. I chuckled.

"It must be hard being the CEO, I wonder how your mum handles it."

"It must be because she likes her assistant." We both laughed. All of a sudden, I remebered the time Mrs. Jeon told me about their love story. Mrs. Jeon came from a rich family, being the eldest daughter out of three. She used to work hard to make her parents proud, that she barely had time to have fun in her life. During her late teens, she spent her time in a small coffee shop. Mrs. Jeon described it as relaxing, with a good aura for focus. As she was approaching her twenties, her father was arranging a marriage to help their company.

"However," Mrs. Jeon told me, as she finished wiping the kitchen isle. "I had already fallen in love with the barister at that small coffee shop. He made me feel welcomed, as if I didn't need to try hard to make him like me. So, I decided to make him my assistant."

I sighed, looking over at Jungkook, who was still playing with my fingers. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were the Disney princess and prince of my childhood. I was grateful to have them along with my parents. I looked at the clock on the wall.

7 o'clock, damn it.

"Alright," I shook my hand out of Jungkook's gentle touch. "I better see you in school tomorrow." He laughed, which made me join in. We waved goodbye, then I closed the door behind me and made my way out the hospital.
~

A/N: wow, this story is moving along nicely. I think this would be my favourite chapter.

No q.o.t.c for today