Excitement

"Ring! Ring! Ring!"

"Tae, shut up!" I yelled, annoyed that I was woken up. Suddenly, I felt weight crushing my bones and shaking me.

"Get up! Get up! It's your first day of high school!" Taehyung shouted. I opened my eyes, blinded by the sunlight that was hitting my face.

"Alright, get off me." I said, pushing the boy off. Straight away, Taehyung got up and did a salute pose.

"Ma'am, your breakfast awaits in the kitchen. If you don't come down soon, the commander will be displeased." He said, putting on a deep voice. I nodded, pushing him out of the bedroom. I now only went up to Taehyung's shoulders, which was embarrassing considering how I used to tease him for being shorter than me. He dyed his hair orange over the summer, which ended up in him grounded until further notice.

I, on the other hand, barely grew an inch. My hair was now halfway through my back, and the only way puberty helped me was with my chest. Fortunately, the Kims were well known for having non-existing pores, which helped me through middle school.

I was now going to start high school. Honestly, it wasn't because I was nervous, but something made me very afraid of coming to school. The bruise on my wrist was still evident, but I was thankful that we had a long sleeved uniform.

"Don't tell anyone about this, or I'll show them who you really are."

A shiver went up my spine, but I shook it off and made my way downstairs.

"Ma'am, Miss Kim Aeri has arrived." My dad, another joker in the house, informed my mum. In return, she nodded and handed me a plate of waffles with ice cream. I gulped them down, not caring about the looks I got from my family.

***

"Aeri!" Hyerim squealed, pulling me into a hug. "Look, we're already in high school." We giggled, realising how grown up we were. We were about to walk in, when Taehyung ran to me with a brown paper bag. He was running so fast, I had to step back to avoid bumping into him.

"Your," he paused, gasping for breath. "Your lunch, ma'am." I took the bag, then patted his back.

"Taehyung," I hissed. "Don't call me ma'am in school, it's embarrassing." In return, Taehyung stuck his tongue out and returned to wherever he came from. I sighed, linking my arms with Hyerim and walking into the building.

The hallway was crowded with students, most of them older than us. Sadly, I never got to go to high school with Prince Jin (like I planned), but I could already see that this year would be hectic. I could already imagine it; going to parties; meeting cool people etc. But those things come after – as my parents say – studying. The word itself turned my mood sideways, but I realised that in high school, you do a lot of studying.

Hyerim and I walked into our classroom. People stopped their chattering, looking at us before ignoring us completely. The room was filled with students I didn't know, which was upsetting since I wanted to have at least three people from my middle school in my class.

"Let's sit here, right at the front." Hyerim said, pulling me towards the table. For a while, we just talked about what we did all summer. Hyerim had gone to Japan, to visit her aunt. I spent my summer with my family, and our neighbours. Occasionally, we would go over to Mrs. Ryu for apple pies, or to the Jungs to play with their son (Hoseok.) Since I started middle school, my mum got closer to Mrs. Kim, because they took cooking classes together. Once in awhile, we would have dinner with the Kims, so I also got closer to Jin.

Even though, ever since four years ago, the house next to ours had been vacant. No one had moved in, but the house wasn't even for sale surprisingly. I had lost complete contact with Jungkook, yet sometimes I wonder how he's doing.