Epilogue

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

A year and a half has passed.

We've been busily helping to prepare for Jasper and Trisha's wedding and after 3 months of preparation, they are now officially married and expecting a little Jasper this coming August.

After years of gathering enough evidence, we were finally able to file a case from the incident 7 years ago.

We successfully won the case and the perpetrators, Jake Derrick Santos and Megan Liesel Tan, were finally convicted and are charged of attempted murder and illegal possession of firearms. We were all relieved and thankful that all of our efforts weren't in vain.

Everything happening so far was going great, it wasn't easy but I can't say that I wasn't happy that it turned out this way.

Phoebe

I was humming my own tune while I was baking cupcakes for the party later noon. Doing a little twirl and shake here and there, I bent down and opened the oven. I placed down the cupcakes onto the counter as I waited for them to cool down before I put some frosting on top.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, I took the piping bag filled with frosting as I started placing frosting on top of the cupcakes, adding small chocolate chips and sprinkles on top of the frosting.

While frosting, I was suddenly engulf by warmth coming from behind me as I felt arms wrap around my waist in an embrace.

"Wow, these cupcakes smell delicious!" He complimented, his voice raspy as he nuzzled his brown disheveled bed hair head on the crook of my neck before placing a gentle kiss.

"Aww, thanks hun!" I replied, tilting my head to the side to nuzzle back at him as I continued frosting the cupcakes.

"Of course!" He replied holding me closer to him.

"Just like you..." He replied, his voice husky before he started leaving trails of kisses down my neck, one of his hands tracing my side until one hand reached the strap of my dress.

"Cole!" I hiss as he plays with the strap of my dress under the apron I was wearing.

"What?" He asks innocently raising his head from my shoulder, not missing the small sly smirk he has on his face.

I shake my head as I push his hand off my shoulder.

"You're being annoying" I sigh making him chuckle in reply.

"You don't seem to mind" He remarked, giving me another smirk.

He's not lying.

My subconscious remarked, feeling it giving me a smirk as I mentally groaned.

Shut up! and now is not the right time.

"So, why can't we have fun, my beautiful wife?"He asks.

"Besides, it is my birthday after all."He added.

"Hmm... quite tempting"I started, perking his interest.

"But I'd rather not" I teased, nudging him away, receiving a groan from him from my rejection. I gave him a small chuckle in reply.