Chapter Twenty One

Tessa stood next to Jane and Sylvie feeling helpless. They were getting outnumbered by skylords even though Katrina had called in reinforcements. Tessa could see skylords falling but she saw a lot of their reinforcements falling too. Jane and Sylvie were fighting next to her protecting her as Tessa couldn't use her powers. Whenever she tried to use them she would feel all weak and lightheaded and she would feel like she was going to collapse. 

Her eyes were focused on Noah and the leader though. The leader was coming towards Noah and then he took his arm. Tessa tried to get through to help Noah, but there was too many skylord's in front of her, she shouted out but no one took notice of her. Tessa saw that Noah was attempting to break free of his grip, but she knew he wasn't strong enough. The leader's lips were moving and he disappeared, along with Noah. Tessa shouted at Jane who was closest to her and pointed 'Jane look, he took Noah.' Jane looked over in surprise. She shouted at Sylvie 'He took Noah' Sylvie looked over too and stopped fighting.

 The minute he stopped fighting he was struck right in the heart and he collapsed. 'Sylvie!' cried Jane and knelt next to him. Katrina came up beside them and shouted 'There isn't enough time, we will all get hit if ye don't move I'm sorry Jane, but not now.' Jane nodded and got up. The skylord's seemed however to have stopped, they just stood there motionless like statues, Jane and a lot others took advantage of that and started knocking each one of them down. Tessa started trying to do it too and it was working because the skylord's were put off guard.

 They seemed to have noticed that their leader was gone and the ones that weren't knocked down yet started disappearing quickly.

 Everyone stopped fighting and stood still in the room and then Jane knelt down next to her brother again. Katrina knelt down next to her 'he's breathing' she said quietly to Jane 'but I don't know how long for.' Everyone around them were kneeling by the the bodies on the floor, checking if they were alive or not. Jane got up 'come on we have to help him' she said and without a word the three of them linked arms and held onto Sylvie and they disappeared.

 The room was full of people standing over beds, looking worried. Tessa stood with her father over the bed of Charlie. Her father had been angry that he couldn't have come with them. It had taken Tessa a lot of time of persisting to come, but her father couldn't come because he wasn't a wizard. When she had come back her father had pulled her into a hug.

 Sylvie had been given a potion to help him to get better and there was nothing they could do but wait. He had been hit in the heart and sometimes witches and wizards didn't survive from that. Jane hadn't left his bed since yesterday. Her grandfather Arthur had come with them, which was risky but he had insisted on coming because he felt that he needed to save Noah.

 Her father hadn't recognized him obviously and Arthur wanted it to stay that way. 

Katrina came up to Tessa and her father 'are you ready?' she asked. Tessa nodded and Katrina took out a flask. If Tessa didn't know any better it looked like water. 'Wait' Tessa said quickly. 'How are we going to get everyone who is under the spell to drink this?' Katrina replied 'once one person has had this it affects everyone.' At just the right timing Charlie opened her eyes, she looked straight at Tessa 'Tessa?' she said. 'Yes Charlie' Tessa said calmly, as relief washed over her.

 Katrina quickly handed Charlie the potion 'drink this' she said 'it will make you better.' Charlie looked at Katrina and then the potion and without another word took a drink and handed it back to Katrina. She sat there for a few minutes and then disappeared. Katrina looked over at Tessa and smiled 'it worked' she whispered.