Chapter One

The evening sun was shining down on the small village of Tenby. The sky seemed to be a perfect shade of bright blue. The girl was gazing out at the only window in her room, a small circular frame. Her bright blue eyes twinkled in the sunlight from outside the window, strands of curly black hair stuck to her face. She was perched on a wooden chair by the window, with an art pad rested on her lap, painting the sunny scene in front of her.

Paint was scattered all over her clothes which almost made it look like a design was imprinted on her clothes. Her black hair was covered in patches of paint, which made it look multicolored. The girl looked up at the sky ready to finish off her painting, when she noticed that the sky had turned an awful shade of grey, it seemed to make the room darker and darker. There was what seemed to be a flash from somewhere in the distance and everything grew silent once again. The girl grew rigid on her chair and almost all of a sudden felt chilly, but once she looked up at the sky again it seemed to be bright like nothing had happened in the first place.

She rose from her chair almost reluctantly and quickly glanced out the window again, but everything seemed to be in its place and it looked fairly normal. She looked around her cluttered room, almost searching for an answer and at the same time expecting something to happen, even though she was not quite sure what was going to happen. The girl's room definitely revealed a bit of her character, well the artist side of her anyway. Scraps of paper lay all around the room and pencils, paintbrushes and markers were thrown on top of beds, tables and desks. There were colorful paintings covering the walls not leaving any space untouched.

The girl strode across the room and walked down the hallway and into the sitting room where her mother was sitting on a leather couch and her father on an armchair. The girl resembled her mother very much so. They had the same shade of black hair and they were both naturally slim. But while her mother had green eyes the girl had blue,not that anyone would notice that but it seemed to be the only thing they didn't have in common. Her father didn't look much like her except they resembled each other in height. The girl had always been curious as to why she didn't have green eyes like her parents and her parents had told her eventually that her grandfather had, had blue eyes just like her but unfortunately he had died years ago in a car crash. Her grandfather had always been a touchy subject. When she was young she had brought it up but now she knew better not to mention it much. Although she did always think what it would have been like if he was alive and always wondered if she was missing out in a lot, but she never got depressed about it much because she had never known the man.

The television was on blaring but her parents weren't even paying attention, in fact to the girl's shock they were both curled up asleep. When she walked into the room they woke up so abruptly, that she nearly jumped out of her skin.

'Oh I didn't see you come in Tessa' exclaimed her mother with her eyes widened in shock. 'I was too interested in this programme' she said almost pointing drowsily towards the television. Tessa snorted in laughter 'I'm sure you were' she said sarcastically. Her mother and father looked at Tessa in confusion. 'Ya we were' her father agreed, whilst looking at her strangely. Tessa strode across the room and sat on the couch next to her mother. 'The two of ye were asleep' she said. Her parents must have thought she was crazy because her mother said 'Maybe you were having a dream of your own.' Before Tessa could come up with a retort, she waved her hand to the side almost dismissing it.

'Anyway we have a meeting tomorrow morning so we won't be here when you wake up.' Tessa had grown accustomed to her parents going to meetings because they worked a lot but she didn't recall them saying this before. They usually told her a couple of days before a meeting. 'With who?' she asked sounding nosy. 'The Skylords of course' said her mother like she was implying that her daughter should have known something like this. 'Who?' Tessa persisted. 'Is that the name of a company or something?' Her father sat up a little on his chair paying more attention to her. 'No, what's up with you today?Maybe you should go lie down' he suggested. Tessa ignored him 'Who are the Skylords?' she repeated again getting angry. She had never been so confused in her life.

'The ruler of Wales, the best leaders we have ever had............' He kept going on about how great the so called Skylords were but none of this was sinking in for Tessa. She really had enough of this, 'I'm going to lie down' she announced and walked out of the room quickly before her parents could respond.

Once she had passed out of the room she slowed down, her mind racing with all the new pieces of information she had received. Her parents sounded almost hypnotized and her father sounded like he was reciting off a poem. She breathed out a sigh and thought to herself that she wasn't dealing with this right now, she would deal with it the next day. She made her way to her room and closed the door behind her, trying hard not to think about her previous conversation.

Hope ye enjoyed it.😊