Chapter Eleven

Tessa stood outside her home, feeling like it was ages since she had been there but in fact it had only been a day. She had put up her hood as to avoid people recognising her.

A month ago she had been living here happily oblivious as to what was to come. She was scared of the new world she had entered but was also fascinated as to what led ahead of her. She was also eager to do a bit of magic.

Luckily her mother seemed to be gone somewhere, because there was no movement in the house and all the lights were off. Relief washed over Tessa she did not want to face her mother at the moment.

'Come on what are you waiting for?' Katrina said impatiently clicking her fingers whilst pacing around the place. They had all agreed that Katrina was the only one to go with her to get the clock, as it would look suspicious otherwise. Katrina, Tessa thought personally was a very impatient person who was only happy if she was busy doing things. She didn't seem to get caught up with emotions and feelings, she just cared if the job was done right.

Jane on the other hand seemed to be more of a laid back, kind person who seemed to understand Tessa's situation a bit more. Then Sylvie, well Tessa didn't really know much about Sylvie, he didn't reveal much about his personality and from what Tessa could gather he didn't seem to like her and the feeling seemed to be mutal.

'Well?........' Katrina asked obviously waiting for an answer. Tessa looked up at her as if snapped out of a trance. 'Sorry I was just thinking.' Katrina nodded and the two of them made their way towards Tessa's window. 'Did they not find the bodies of the Skylord's?' asked Tessa. 'No they always vanish after they are killed' explained Katrina. Tessa remained silent and was slightly shocked that Katrina had killed them but she remained strong as she thought of what they could be doing to her father and Charlie.

Katrina remained business like 'you jump in the window and get the clock while I keep watch' she said. Tessa nodded, looked to see if anyone was around and when she was satisfied that there wasn't she jumped onto the window ledge.

Luckily the window was slightly open and she pulled it wide open. She climbed in and looked around her room. Nothing had changed in her room and this made Tessa feel a lot better. The clock was up on her bedside table, she strode over and took it.

She froze as she heard footsteps. She was imagining what she would say to her mother something like, 'hi mom just forgot my clock, bye.' She could hear Katrina saying something to her, but she was unable to comprehend what she was saying.

The door burst open and she jumped. Standing in front of her wasn't her mother but was three Skylord's. There was a loud thump and Katrina landed next to her. She ran over and stood in front of Tessa protecting her 'don't you dare touch her' she said in a voice Tessa hadn't heard before and Tessa got the feeling that the mission wasn't the only thing Katrina cared about.

'Come with us' chanted the three Skylords in unison sounding almost like robots. They started walking towards them and Katrina pointed her finger at the left Skylord and he was plunged into a wall of flames and in a couple of moments disappeared.

Katrina shouted 'run Tessa, run back to safety.' However, Tessa didn't want to leave Katrina on her own even though she wasn't of much use she still felt like she shouldn't leave her.

By now the remaining two Skylords took out what looked like wands and threw a spark at Katrina, she fell backwards against the wall. 'Katrina' cried Tessa but Katrina had already got up again at shouted at Tessa to go angerily, whilst aiming another ball of fire at another Skylord, it hit it in the chest and it too disappeared. Tessa slowly backed away and turned until she heard a cry and spun around quickly.

Katrina was lying on the ground motionless and the remaining Skylord was pointing a wand at Tessa. She backed away, not knowing what to do, until something almost urged her to point her finger at the Skylord and a feeble flash came from her finger, but it was just enough to catch the Skylord's off guard. It struck it in the chest and it almost looked like ice that had hit him. He fell to the floor but as Tessa predicted he didn't disappear meaning that Tessa had little time.

There were two louds thuds on either side of Tessa and she looked to either side of her to the faces of Jane and Sylvie. The Skylord was getting up again, when Sylvie put his hand out and wind seemed to fill the room directed at the Skylord. Once again the Skylord vanished. Tessa stood there puzzled as to how Sylvie's power had been different to Katrina's but she didn't have long to think about it as she was pulled over closer to Jane and Sylvie.

Jane and Sylvie quickly lifted Katrina up together and Jane grabbed on to Tessa and Sylvie reluctantly did the same. Tessa began 'what----' but before she could finish her sentence, Jane pointed up at the sky there was a flash and the four of them disappeared.