Chapter Five

Charlie sat on the cold floor in the darkness. She had been in there for hours and was starving. She had followed the Skylord to the meeting house, had been shoved down two sets of stairs in the pitch dark and had been thrown into a room.

Charlie didn't know if it was day or night as there was no windows. She was surrounded by darkness and she felt almost like the walls were closing in on her. She shivered from the cold and felt like she would never get out of here. She then thought about her parents and what they would be thinking. They were probably proud of their daughter and thinking of how lucky she was. However Charlie did not feel lucky at the moment.

She had a bad feeling about this situation and she was beginning to question if the Skylords were actually helping people, as they had claimed themselves. However she still had the feeling that she would have to obey them or there would be trouble. She thought of Tessa and how she was so strong and able to withstand the Skylords hold on people. She wished there was some way of contacting everyone, to tell them what was happening, but she hadn't seen or heard anyone for hours.

She attempted to sleep but the floor was just too uncomfortable and cold to sleep on. There was a noise behind her, what sounded like the slamming of a door and footsteps. Charlie turned, and of course, saw nothing in the darkness.

'Where are you taking me?' came a voice coming close to where Charlie lay. She recognised the voice, but couldn't think of who it was. 'Keep walking" answered a low voice, whom Charlie recognised as a Skylord. There was the sound of a key clicking and what seemed to be a bright flash. Charlie shivered but this time it wasn't from the cold.

There was the sound of a door opening and Charlie looked up and saw the outline of a figure. The figure was thrown into the room and the door shut behind the figure.

The figure just stood there for a minute. Charlie tried to stay as still as possible but realised the figure could see her too. 'Who's there?' he asked wearily. She definitely found something familiar about the voice until she finally realized it was Tessa's father.

'Alec?' Charlie asked. There was a muffled reply 'Charlie is that you?' Charlie jumped up off the floor and said excitably 'Yes its me.' Alec spoke again 'Do you know why we are here?' 'I don't have any idea' Charlie said 'I've been in here for hours' she practically snapped.

There was a long silence and Charlie began to feel guilty. 'I'm sorry' she apologised. 'I've been in here for so long I'm going out of my mind.' 'Its okay' Alec responded. He started talking again, 'You know the crazy thing is that I still feel like I trust the Skylords.' Charlie paused 'I do too' she said feeling ashamed of herself.

She decided to try and sleep but knew it would take her a long time, as she was recalling what happened to her only a couple of hours ago. She was also anxious as to what would come in the next few hours...