Chapter Twelve

Charlie woke up to the sound of a door opening, she opened her eyes slowly and looked up. There was a figure standing in the doorway, even in the dark Charlie could tell what it was, a Skylord. It stood as still as a statue in the darkness, as if looking for someone or something.

'Charlie Browne' it announced. A figure over in the corner moved and Charlie knew that it was Alec awake.

Alec walked over to Charlie and muttered 'good luck.' Charlie nodded and walked over to the Skylord. He walked out of the room and Charlie, followed closing the door behind her.

He led her up the same steps and opened a door. As he opened the door brighness shined out burning her eyes. The Skylord led her down a long hallway and into a small room.

There wasn't any other piece of furniture in the room, besides a huge circular table. On the table was a glass of what looked like water, but Charlie wasn't sure that it was water. 'Drink it' demanded the Skylord aprubtly.

He shoved her near the table and repeated 'drink it.' Charlie looked up at him reluctantly and asked 'what is it?' 'It will help you.' 'But what does it do?' she insisted. 'You'll see when you drink it!'

Charlie slowly picked up the glass and took a small sip from it. 'That should do' the Skylord said in a voice that gave Charlie the creeps.

Charlie began to shake uncontrollably. 'W-w-whats h-happening to m-me?' She fell to the floor and looked up at the Skylord, her vision blurry.

She could hear the Skylord talking to her but didn't know what it was saying. Her vision suddenly went black and her eyes closed.