Chapter Thirteen

Tessa fell to the ground with a loud thud. She looked around trying to figure out where she was and then she came to the realization that she was back in the room that they had been in earlier. She glanced over at Katrina immediately fearing the worst and that was exactly what she saw.

Katrina was lying motionless on the floor, she lay in an awkward position and there was no sign of her eyes opening. Above Katrina, knelt Jane.

She had a horrified look on her face and it was obvious to Tessa thay she really cared about Katrina. 'Lets get her to the medical room' she announced to Sylvie who was standing right next to her, waiting for her verdict.

Sylvie and Jane grabbed Katrina and started walking out of the room, Tessa was just about to follow but Sylvie motioned to her to stay in the room whilst giving her an angry look. For a couple of moments Tessa stared back at him with pure hatred in her eyes, but then as if being snapped out of his trance Sylvie turned around and walked away.

Tessa sighed and sat down on the armchair nearest her. No matter how much she moved to get comfortable it didn't seem to make a difference. There was a huge knot in her stomach thinking about Katrina and she felt immensely guilty about what had happened to her because Katrina wouldn't have been hurt if it wasn't for her.

Maybe that's why Sylvie was acting horrible to her, after all she was putting everyone's lives at risk, but wasn't that what they signed up to do?

Tessa began to feel anger bubble up inside her thinking about Sylvie. What right did he have to be angry with her? What had she done personally to make him despise her? She tried to not think about Sylvie and Katrina but it was no use, her hatred for Sylvie combined with the fact that Katrina was badly injured, made Tessa feel horrible.

As Tessa sat on the armchair, she felt a wave of drowsiness come over her. Since the Skylord attack, Tessa had felt very weak and she suspected it was something to do with her using magic earlier. She hadn't had much time to think about what she had done, until now. She had been both amazed and shocked at the time and she began to wonder what she could do with so much power. While she was thinking about this, she begun to feel her eyelids closing.

At that exact moment, her eyes were snapped open when Jane bustled into the room. She looked over at Tessa 'she's going to be okay, she was lucky though' she said as she collapsed on a chair opposite Tessa. 'She needs rest.' Tessa sighed with relief and sank back into the chair. 'Do you want something to eat?' Jane asked abruptly. Tessa looked over  at Jane, pausing for a moment. Until now she had not even thought about food all day. She quickly nodded and Jane left the room.

At that moment Sylvie entered the room, he looked more relaxed than earlier, but his face quickly changed to a look of disgust as he saw that Tessa was still in the room.

'This is all your fault you know' he said angrily. Tessa stood up to face him 'excuse me?' 'You know what I said and I meant it. If it wasn't for you, Katrina wouldn't be in there right now' he snapped gesturing behind him. 'Look' Tessa said trying to keep her cool. 'Don't you want to defeat the Skylord's,  isn't that what you are fighting for?'

Sylvie looked taken aback 'yes but....but...' 'But what?' interrupted Tessa unable to keep her calm anymore. 'I don't know what your problem is with me, but I'm really sick of it.' Sylvie paused and his face began to relax. He walked over and sat down on the armchair Tessa had been on.'I'm sorry' he said quickly like he was trying to get his apology done and over with. He didn't strike Tessa as someone who apologized much. Tessa stood awkwardly in front of him waiting for him to continue.

'No one has ever lived here it's always only been the three of us. It just takes me a while to trust people.' He didn't say anything Tessa couldn't have guessed before,  but him saying it made Tessa almost understand it. 'But why don't you trust me?' Tessa asked. She was interrupted by the sound of plates clattering and seconds later, Jane appeared at the doorway with a plate full of sandwiches.

She had a look on her face that looked like she almost knew that she had interrupted something. Tessa sat down and decided to change the subject, 'so what are we going to do now?' she asked while picking up a ham sandwich and taking a bite.

'Well first things first, is we need to look at the clock' said Sylvie taking over pretending that he hadn't just broken down a couple of moments before hand. 'Oh my god yes' exclaimed Tessa, who had completely forgotten about the clock. She reached into her pocket in her hoodie, pulled out the clock and handed it to Sylvie who had his hand out stretched.

Jane walked over to Sylvie and they both looked at it carefully. They both held onto the clock with their hands and closed their eyes in concentration. A couple of moments passed, before Tessa broke the silence. 'Well?' she asked. Jane opened her eyes and looked up, 'we are going to find your grandfather' she said calmly.

'Wait a minute' Tessa said 'how the hell did you do that?' 'Do what?' Jane asked and Sylvie gave her a confused look. 'That!' Tessa exclaimed. 'Ah' said Jane 'don't worry you'll get training on how to control your magic soon, but that's not our top priority now.'

'Okay' Tessa sprang up. 'What do we do now?' Jane put her hand up to stop her. 'Look I know you want to find your grandfather but we all need a couple of hours sleep.' She looked at her watch 'It is now five p.m.  we will meet back here at eight agreed?' she asked but Tessa knew there was no point arguing with her. She nodded and turned around and headed for the hallway.

But then she turned and as if Jane knew what she was thinking she said, 'just take any room.' Tessa nodded again and headed for the room closest to her. She opened the door, closed it slowly behind her and collapsed on the bed in front of her.........