"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked both pissed and embarrassed.

"Toussaint, you look like you're going to a football game and not work. Look at me have you ever seen me look anything less than professional? No because I'm always on point........ because you never know where you might have to go or who you might meet so you gotta be on top of your game." My dad said walking over to me.

"I hear you dad." I said ready to quit already.

"Saint...... I'm not telling you this to be hard on you, I'm telling you this because I want you to be better than me. When was the last time you got your haircut?" He asked.

"Like two weeks ago." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"You need to learn to take care of that yourself or at least learn to give yourself an edge-up." He said and I started to go off on him because I didn't have any money to get my haircut much less buy clippers. "Saint look at me, how much do you think my net worth is?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know dad........"

"Seven Hundred and Fifty Million........ now my net income just from this company is $273,750,000; do you know what the difference is?" He asked.

"Your net worth is how much you have in like property and possession  and cash, minus the debt. And your net income is your salary after taxes." I said and he smiled obviously impressed.

"Good..... the reason I asked brings me right back around to the topic of your appearance if you wanna keep working for a man like me you gotta look the part. Now you get paid in three weeks what are you going to do with your first pay check?" He asked.

"Buy some more professional looking stuff and save the rest to buy my mom a tombstone......... last time we visited her grave all that was there was a stick with her name on it." I said quietly.

"Saint you don't have to do that....... last time we went to your mother's grave I noticed how pissed you were about it, so when we got back to the hotel I ordered her a marble headstone...... I was going to wait until we went down there next summer to surprise you but since you were already considering I figured I tell you know." My dad said and I felt my throat start to burn and my eyes tingled.

"Excuse me....." I said getting up and walking into his executive bathroom. I turned the water on and actually cried for the first time in years, not angry tears but real emotion poured out. After ten minutes, I walked back out and my dad was standing outside the door getting ready to knock, we stood there staring at each until finally he pulled me into a tight hug..... honestly I didn't remember the last time he actually hugged me and once again the tears started coming.

"Make that your last time using my bathroom." He said laughing as he pulled away, I noticed his eyes were glossed over but he quickly blinked away the tears and backed up. "Aight well you're on the clock, so I want you to go down to the cafeteria and get me a bottle of water and a turkey sandwich with tomatoes and hot sauce, then I need you to go check and see if Devin finished recording that song, once your done with that I need some papers copied........... you should probably be writing this down." He said walking over to his desk and picking up his phone. I walked out his office and set off on the task he had for me, honestly it was pretty easy I just had to be fast and accurate when I finished everything I was waiting for him to finish some last minute work when I got a text from Noah.

NOAH: Ayy bring me a sandwich to my dad's office, ham and cheese with pickles. LMAO

I was going to beat his ass when I caught up to him, I didn't get a chance to decided what I was going to do because Mario had texted me right after and I got too excited to be getting a text from a dude, maybe sometime in the near future I could talk about these feelings I was having with my dad because if there was anyone who could help me through this it was him.................

DOMINIQUE

No time for introductions

No time for introductions...... I took off down the long, dark alley with my boy Justice right behind me, what we had just did was pretty foul but it had to be done. After running like three miles we hopped over a fence and ran into a my mother's house and down into the basement trying to catch our breaths.

"Domo we did what we had too, that nigga was a snake and he was messing with a fuckin 13 year old girl." Justice said wiping the sweat off his face.

"I know Jus..... but we need to get outta of here until shyt cool's down a little." I said looking around the small basement. "Come on...." I said leading him upstairs to my room. There wasn't much in here just a bed, a dresser and a few pictures, I looked at the only picture I had of my dad Kadeem and shook my head. "So where will you go?" I asked.

"I got some family in St. Louis, I'll go up there for a couple weeks. What about you?" He asked. I looked at the picture of my dead deadbeat dad and shook my head.

"I got some brothers in Houston....... that's where I'll go. Remember nobody can know what we did and we can't be in contact with each other just in case aight?" I said and he nodded. "Well this is it........ I'll see you in a couple weeks little bro." I said pulling him into a brotherly hug, I didn't have any options left I guess my brothers were going to get a kick out of me showing up on their doorstep tomorrow..................................................