Chapter Thirty-Six

Travosky lowered his chin, smirking, "Nathan...Henry."

He raised his brows, nodding with a smile, "I was wondering when I would run into you again. Rather been looking forward to it actually." He beamed widely at Nathan clamping his jaw shut. He gestured to his face and turned it to the side, "How do you like your handiwork, me boy? Hm? I think it looks rather marvelous... don't you?"

Nathan knew how Travosky played. He knew that every word that comes out of the man's mouth is only to get him riled up. And Nathan was not going to let anything he said get to him. Under any circumstances.

The only problem was that Travosky had fore sought this and planned on breaking that.

Travosky glanced at Nathan staring forward and stood to the side of the soldier he'd been waiting to see for so long. He bent down and grinned, "Tell me Nathan... how did it feel when you saw the love of your life in the arms of another man?"

Nathan's jaw muscles twitched.

"What did you want to do when the woman that you had supposedly died for was being fucked by someone of her own status?" Travosky grinned at the burning narrowed-gaze Nathan was staring into the air in front of him.

And Travosky pushed further, "Someone who dangled that very person you wanted since you met her?"

Nathan turned his head slightly with his eyes forward and rolled his shoulder back. His brow lowered at the words he was hearing but needed to hold out. He couldn't give in.

"Only to find out that she was being...abused... by the very man that claimed to love her. Did it hurt, Nathan? Did it hurt to have to protect the son of a bitch that would take his jealous rage on the beautiful blue eyed heiress—," Travosky raised a brow, standing in front of Nathan and lowered to meet the soldier's gaze, "—because of you?"

Nathan swallowed hard.

Travosky straightened, grinning.

He knew that Nathan Henry was a lot stronger than the others as Travosky expected him to be. But Travosky knew the very thing to make the young man in front of him snap in a split second. And this very thing was going to give Travosky the reaction he wanted from Nathan.

Tilting his head, Travosky nodded at Nathan, "How are those handcuffs, Nathan? I hope they aren't too tight. I requested for you to have special bindings this time around. We wouldn't want a repeat of the year before last... now would we?"

Nathan said nothing; just kept glaring at the man with a scowl.

"I'd like to see you try and break out of those bindings now, Nathan," Travosky teased. He straightened and stepped back a few steps as he leaned his head forward to sneer, "That is if she really matters to you."

When Nathan's eyes widened and looked up at him, Travosky saw the start of what he was searching for. Travosky chuckled at the worried expression Nathan had. He shrugged, and leaned his head forward again, wrinkling what was left of his nose, "Let's see just how dangerous you really are," and by snapping his fingers to one of the men behind him, Travosky looked down at Nathan with excitement flickering in his cold blue eyes.

The metal door swung open and the man that had disappeared returned, dragging Mara in by her upper arm and then throwing her to the floor in the middle of the room. Mara lifted her head and looked up at the man she once remembered as Charles Travosky. Only now his face was completely unrecognizable; the man's face had burnt marks and scars in almost every spot. Parts of his features were missing and Mara felt nauseous at how the end of his upper lip was gone and she could see his teeth, gums, and bone.