Chapter Six

At the top of the city's largest bank, a small security camera's lens zoomed in and out and zoomed in once more towards the edge of the building to record the people that it caught as they passed by. There were moments that a particular face would be recognize by the tiny camera and five quick camera snaps would catch that precise moment then were sent through the wires looping throughout the inside walls of the building, through the under wiring, and underground to a hidden facility not far from the Street Market.

At the very end of the wiring was a gray wall with a large sewage manhole cemented sideways against the wall like a door. The water droplets, from the loose pipes underneath the sidewalk above ground, hit the cold pavement in front of the underground door.

Behind it, the cold gray wall, were exactly forty men and women; each sitting at their desks dressed in suit and tie attire. Some were rapidly typing away, some flipping anxiously through files and stacked paperwork, some responding accordingly into their headsets, some were wedging the phone between their head and shoulder as they were writing down on a notepad frantically, then there were others hurriedly passing by one another with paperwork.

The facility had only had these forty running it entirely; each one hustling about their work with deep frowns of concentration and their feet keeping pace with their rushed thoughts. There was clearly no time to waste with the amount of work needed to be completed. And signs of stress were already aware with the tugging of skirts and anxious play with loosened ties.

That is except for the two in the corner near the back of the facility in USWAT uniforms.

One of the men leaned back in his chair with one leg crossed over the other and his hands behind his head. His platinum hair sported a blue fringe that he'd run his palm over subconsciously, and his grey eyes always wide and excited. But his mouth was always more excited; always talking so rapidly and waving his hands about non-stop to his partner whom he shared the desk with for only the past three months.

Since he was first assigned to this particular desk, the rambunctious man supposedly being given enough paperwork to last him the full day, had done nothing but talk and throw tiny pieces of paper from one of the yellow writing pads they each had. Other times, the newbie would so hum loudly after being told the first time to stop singing, or there were those moments of loud chewing, and the constant rustle of a potato chip bag, followed by obnoxious crunching.

And that was the first four weeks.

After so long with the newbie, his partner learned to enjoy his company since the newbie was the only lively being in the entire facility. His plastered smile was contagious at the most random moments; even their superior would scold the agent for not paying attention to the meetings held, before the large pink faced man would throw his head back with a laugh. It was only natural for the newbie to come into work every day and sit at the desk with new dirty jokes and stories about whatever women he crossed paths with the night before.

Today was no different.

"...can't really figure out what the problem was. I mean- ok-ay! So I asked her if I could pay her a hundred dollars for the night with her friend joining in a Devil's Threesome- but what was the big deal?! She didn't have to throw her martini at me! She could have just as easily said NO."

Newbie leaned forward narrowing his grey eyes and raised a brow, "Am I right?"

His partner grinned, busily finishing up a report for his superior that was due in fifteen minutes. He didn't stop to look at the guy beside him as he replied a flat, "No." The newbie's legs lifted off the top of the desk and dropped his feet loudly to the floor. He rolled his chair over, turning to face his partner with a disappointed frown. He watched him continuing to write rapidly, flip through a file for a couple pages, and then return to writing once more.