Chapter Thirty-Two

On the other side of the door, Nathan frantically was trying to get the door open. "Mara?! Mara, open the door!" He heard no response, causing him to wiggle the knob and press against the door. He rested his forehead against it and squeezed his eyes shut, "Mara... please open the door." He sighed when he didn't receive a response again.

"Come on, Imp. You're scaring me."

After Mara refused to open the door, Nathan narrowed his eyes and stormed down the stairs going out the backyard door. The others stared after him and only Ben and Adam had followed him. They stared perplexed at Nathan analyzing the wall. Adam raised a brow and cautiously asked, "Erm... whacha doin' buddy?"

"Shh."

Adam reeled his head back, frowning. He was only asking a question! He huffed, crossing his arms and Ben glanced at him until both men watched Nathan start climbing the thin white vine fence attached the wall. They stared oddly at him, but Nathan paid no mind. He reached up to the windowsills, holding tightly so that he could keep steady footing on the wall.

When he reached his destination, Nathan lowered a brow and tapped a knuckle on the glass. He saw the surprise on Mara's pale face and she slowly turned away from the sink and he could see a pink toothbrush in her hands. He figured it was one of the extras they kept in this bathroom, and now had used it.

Mara leaned over the toilet to unlock the window and Nathan pulled it open to rest himself halfway in and narrow his eyes just staring at her. He shook his head after seeing her face flush and waved his fingers for her to step back.

Mara leaned away at a safe distance to let her six-foot-something man pull himself in through the window and then straighten. They stood there for a good minute before Nathan asked her quietly if she was feeling better. Mara nodded silently. She shrugged a shoulder saying that her dizziness was going away too.

"I think daddy's secret really was too sickening for me..." Mara closed her eyes, leaning her head back to keep from getting woozy again. She looked back at Nathan and bit her lip, "I'm sorry... I would have opened it. Honest."

Nathan rolled his eyes and smiled, "You could have said something, Imp, instead of having me Mission Impossible into this bathroom." Mara giggled, tucking her hair behind her ear and glanced up at him. She blinked when she saw the way his green eyes turned a bit dark. And it wasn't the angry kind of darkening either, that Mara was sure of.

She swallowed, tightening her grip on the toothbrush in her hand, and took a step back when Nathan started towards her. "You know..." he teased with a raised brow. "It's been quite a while since I've gotten you all to myself."

Mara nervously giggled, shaking her head and bumped against the door. She was reminding him about what they were doing in the backyard only a few hours ago before Nathan grinned mischievously, nodding firmly, "Exactly."

He bent down and hooked her mouth with his. His fingers grazed down her neck to her waist and hoisted her up higher against the door. Mara moaned, instinctively wrapping her legs around him, dropping the toothbrush to rake her fingers through his hair and suck on his bottom lip.

She discovered this new teasing spot a couple weeks ago and used it to her advantage every single time. Nathan groaned her name when his lips were breathing kisses against her neck, and Mara was only able to nod, gasping that she wanted him, needed him.

Once their obsessively loving moment was spent a half hour later, Nathan used every bit of strength to hold up Mara; keeping her pressed against his with one hand around her waist and the other on the door. He could feel her shakily trying to hold herself up, but limply rested against him instead. Nathan found this a bit odd considering how tired Mara seemed lately.