Chapter Three

If there was one thing that Adam despised more than Lily Henry it was entry to his room without permission. And Big Ben didn't seem to comprehend that. Or he just didn't care.

Either way, Adam heard his bedroom door swing open and Ben's voice ordering him to get up. The still-in-bed man lowered his brows, tightening his eyes shut before lifting his head off his pillow and lazily turned it halfway in the direction of where Ben's voice came.

"Mmm-no. Goodnight."

He plopped his head back onto the pillow, making loud snoring noises to hint for Ben to leave. He heard Ben's footsteps, but then they stopped at the edge of his bed. Prying one eye open, Adam frowned at the quiet filling his room. He barely had a chance to lift his head when he was grabbed at the ankles and yanked off his bed.

Adam's chin came in contact with the floor, making him roll onto his side, clasping his chin in both hands. The groan was longer than necessary, but Adam then pulled his hands from his face, turning to face Ben.

He pushed himself up halfway and shouted, "What the fuck is so important that I have to have such a rude awakening, you asshole!" 

Adam lifted one hand, balancing his weight on the other, to rub at his chin again. The heat of it throbbing made him wince.

Ben frowned down at the young man. 

He knew that Adam wasn't a morning person. Or that he didn't like people to barge into his room, but technically, this was Ben's house. So Ben would do as he pleased so long as Adam lived here. And Ben knew without a doubt that Adam would not be moving out any time soon. 

Adam still needed Ben and the others around. They all needed each other around for a few more years to come before they could actually ponder the idea of breaking out of the herd. 

Ben's face drooped slightly thinking about Nathan. It still was a tender wound that would never go away. That damn kid had another thing coming to him when Ben left this earth. He was going to make sure to ask God for a Bronco to tie Nathan to.

Ben folded his arms over his chest watching the younger man groan again, sitting up more. When Adam had ceased his pitiful noises, Ben raised a brow. 

"I need you dressed and be belly full in fifteen minutes."

The brunette jumped up; a scowl on his sleepy face. 

"Fifteen minutes?" 

He laughed, raising his brows and turned his head away.

"Noooo can do, old timer. It takes at least an hour for me to reach full perfection. So if that's going to be a problem for you then I guess I'll be heading back to bed and you can be on your merry way." 

He pivoted to jump back on his bed, but then paused to look over his shoulder, "And watch your back, old man... because I did not care for being man handled earlier."

Adam threw himself back onto his mattress and rolled himself up in, and under, his covers.

"Adam, I'm serious!"

The large gray comforter muffled a mimicked mumble, "I'm serious..."

Ben glared at the comforter for a split second then tried once again.

"I'm not kidding around, Adam. I need you to get up already! I'm warning you..."

A low muffled chuckle was responded.

"This is your last chance!"

The gray comforter remained silent and motionless.

Ben sighed heavily, shaking his head. It was best to just tell Adam straight away when something was important because then otherwise his inner child becomes more alert and won't take anyone seriously. It really took a special type of person to handle Adam the best way possible.