Chapter Eleven

A week had passed since the blowout of Nathan's untimely resurrection and the move to a different safe house.

And also days that Jennings would pull Nathan aside to ask him when she should check his side. But he would grin, shaking his head, "it's not that bad anymore. And I'd tell you otherwise." 

Jennings kept telling him that it wasn't good and that she would not be able to take him to a hospital should he get worse.

"Jennings..." he gave her a stern look and then grinned, "Thank you for your concern. I love it. I do. But please... I'm fine." 

So she let it go, for now.

Everyone was settled into their own rooms between the three floors. On the third floor was Jane, Mara, and Steven. The entire second floor belonged to the Henry family, and the first floor was where the USWAT team settled themselves.

During the discussion of where everyone would be living, Nathan had thought it was best that they were on the first floor to hold the fort should anything happen. Sam agreed, mentioning that no one would really miss them anyway should anything happen to them. 

Nathan felt the gaze of Ben, Adam, and Chambers' eyes on him but he didn't acknowledge it. He just tightened his jaw, crossing his arms and listened intently to what Porcali was saying and straightened out his legs comfortably under the glass table that came with the house.

This house was much better suited for the group. It had all the necessities they needed; toiletries, utensils, pots, pans, towels, blankets, you name it, it was there. Except for food, which he was supposed to be going out with Jennings to get once she was done with receiving her watch-interval.

It was during Porcali asking each person what time interval they wanted to take for when they were watching Steven that Nathan took his leave. He nudged Chambers who had fallen asleep on his brother's arm and urged him to go up to bed. 

"You woke up pretty early today. Why don't you get a few more hours of sleep. I'll wake you when it's time to eat." 

Chambers lazily slipped off his chair and nodded, not really hearing his brother.

Watching Chambers almost run into the wall, Nathan scooped up the sixteen year old and walked out of the kitchen. He paused to let Rory walk by with a large radio that was rusty in the corners and wires sticking out in different places. 

Nathan questioned Rory about the object in his arms and Rory gladly smiled, holding out the radio for Nathan to see better, "I figured that you guys could use one of the communication radios inside the house when anyone's out."

Rory pulled the radio back against his chest, lowering a brow as he was eyeing the thing. "It'll take some time however. I still need to sort out these wires that were twined together and then I will have to make sure that the chip inside isn't burnt out or anything. 

Otherwise I'll need new parts." He looked up to see Nathan's reaction to the sudden knowledge that Rory was sprouting out of his mouth. Nathan only smiled encouragingly and nodded that it was a great idea.

"You think so?"

"Course," Nathan frowned. "You doubt yourself too much, Rory. Just do your thing with your little radio there and if you need parts or whatever let me know. I'll be glad to take you into the city for them myself." 

Rory grinned excitedly, nodding. "Thanks, Nathan." 

Nathan watched Rory swerve into the living room where Jane was reading a book with her sun hat on. The veil was still on and Nathan hadn't gotten around to asking her what the hell she was doing with that in the first place.