Delilah bit her lip, but a small pout took over as she lingered on his growing beard that would be soon gone as Jax didn't like how it burned her skin. She tried to plead with him to not shave it because she liked it and this sensitive skin madness was only because of the pregnancy. So while she was settled in his lap her large belly between them in between some very heated kissing they negotiated that he would grow it back out after Abel was born.

It didn't make any sense really, but she didn't care as he distracted her with those long lithe fingers.

Delilah scooted closer to Jax and wrapped his arm around her as she took a hold of his hands. They were so big, firm, and calloused. They signified he was a working man. His hands had done many things and were capable of many things. Things that were best not to think of outside this bed. Things she could think about later when it wasn't just her and him. None of the guys she had ever been with had rough hands like Jax. Past hands didn't caress her like she was made of glass. The way they gripped her as if he was afraid she slipped away. She thought back to their first night how different the two were back then his hands gripped her to remind her that he was there with her – to remind her of his presence afterward.

She was sure if she wasn't carrying precious cargo she would have felt a little bit of that delicious pain that caused her to lock her legs around his waist and moan the name that caused him to increase his pace.

Even last night, she saw and felt an animalistic surge in Jax when she began chanting his name and he brought out low and breathy moans. She will admit she did release a couple of high-pitched screams she wasn't sure if anything she said was tangible.

Delilah rested his hand on her stomach and she rested her head atop of his chest where his heart was beating a soothing lullaby.

A lullaby that she wished she could put in a jukebox or a jewelry box that she used to own as a child with the twirling ballerina inside or maybe even a snow globe with the white paradise and glittering surrounding them.

A lullaby she hoped to hear every night and felt privileged to know that melody was written just for her.

Like she said everyone talks about their first, but no one ever really draws the significance of their last.

The last one that will know you the best.

The last one to show you the world.

The last one to show you that all the bullshit from the past was worth it.

Delilah felt Jax's breathing change as his hand tightened on her stomach for a second. She felt him shift. He raised his tattoo arm and she watched from the corner of her eye as he tried to wipe the sleep from his face.

Delilah snuggled in closer to him and she felt a slight pressure on her head before the arm that was rested on her moved and he began rubbing her shoulder soothingly.

Delilah let out a content sigh at the contact and both of them just rested in the silence – in the afterglow.

Delilah closed her eyes as she focused on the instrumental beating against her eardrum.

"I'm scared, Jackson," Delilah declared as she drew patterns on his abs and watched them flex with each new design.

Jax placed his hand under her chin and those blue eyes were staring at her so intensely, so lovingly, when he brought her into a slow kiss until he pulled back slightly and whispered against her lips, "I know."

Later in the day, Delilah found herself in one of Jax's oversized t-shirts sitting on the couch while he paid for their pizzas at the front door.

Jax was hopeful that the club wouldn't need him as their plan was just to stay home and lounge and unbox some of the gifts they received for Abel's room.

Jax came back into the living room with her small pizza while he had ordered a large for himself and placed them on the coffee table along with their drinks.

"Thank you," Delilah said as she scooted forward to grab her food.

Jax nodded his head and turned to say something, but he cringed at the sight of her toppings. Pickles, pineapples, and chicken were what Abel wanted right now.

"Are you sure that's healthy?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" She questioned as her mouth began to water like a dog.

"It looks like poison."

"It's nourishment for baby Jax," she replied and took a big bite of her slice. She even exaggerated a moan for him, which caused him to roll his eyes at her.

The two of them are in comfortable silence with the TV humming low around. Unlike last night, there seemed to be nervous energy. Last night made things different for them. In Delilah's head, it made things more real – permanent. Her declaration in bed earlier confirmed how she felt. She was his Old Lady, so she didn't understand why she felt like this.

"Stop thinking," Jax said softly from beside her.

"I can't. I just...we're having a baby, Jax. We created this tiny little human. I just don't want to screw up."

"You won't." He assured her. "I might –"

"Jax –" Delilah began to dispute that.

Jax shook his head. "No, it's true. Just seeing what Opie is going through with Donna and the kids...I know that can happen to me – to us." He began before he placed his hand on her stomach, "I can do the time if that happens it's just I can't live with the thought of you or Abel hating me because of it."

"I could never hate you, Jax."

"It's easy to say that now, Del. Club shit has been slow. There's always the chance of the Feds popping up."

"Did you hate your dad for doing time?" Delilah asked him.

Jax thought back to his dad. John Teller did 8 years altogether for the club. And if he admitted to himself as much as he missed his dad at the same time he couldn't find himself to mourn. He always associated his dad with absence from jail times, runs, and going to Belfast. And now with his father's blood running through his veins and him continuing the Teller legacy, he hoped absence wasn't infused with it.

"I was used to it." He told her. "But I shouldn't have been." He didn't want his son to become used to him being gone because of the club. He didn't want his son or even Delilah to accept that jail time with him was inevitable. But he just had to know. "Would you wait for me, Del?"

"I shouldn't, but I would."