I shook my head, "It made it worse I think." I look then at Tasha, shocking her myself at my next words.

"Did you find your mate Tasha?"

It took her a moment to answer. "I don't really know if I had or hadn't. I told you in our classes right? Mates are not fated, the bond between them not forged, not by some fated thing. It's a choice." She sighed and held up a pretty blue dress.

"Though fate have a pretty big role with your meeting but the mating itself is a choice."

"That will look good on Jamie." I said, trying to push the bitterness away from my voice but she easily caught it.

"Oh Honey, don't get jealous over her."

I looked away from her, hating myself more. "It's the bond. It made me think that Roarke is mine." Mine, the word was foreign yet very fitting.

"He is yours." She said and then shook her head. "It's hard to tell because he is your maker, but hopefully after a year you'll realize what you really feel for him."

"Is there any chance that the bond is the one making me feel like this around him?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't know Honey. You know it better than me. What does your heart say?"

I didn't respond to that. How could I tell her how much my heart and brain opposed each other to the point that I couldn't even function properly anymore.

"Defying him is not an easy feat Honey. It comes with consequences. It's like building a dam and then crushing it once it couldn't hold out any longer. "

I bit my lip. "I like another. Back home, there's someone who I love." I blurted not thinking. Tasha looked aghast at my confession. She clasped both my hands and forced me to look at her.

"Don't tell Roarke. Oh my, this is so complicated. "She said sadly and deeply troubled.

"But maybe I should, maybe he will understand."

Tasha shook her head. "No dear, I'm afraid he'll just set out to kill him. The wolf in him thinks he owns you."

"But I'm not his mate!" I cried frustrated. Tasha pulled me to a hug.

"I know but you have a special bond and somehow, both of you attract each other too much."

I frowned at her words. "You mean this is not a common thing at all?"

"No Honey. Sometimes things like this happens. The wolf in him calls out to you too much. You could very well be fated although I still think there is no such thing or you're just too opposite each other that you complete each other. "

I closed my eyes tightly. "I just don't love him." I said and yet my words felt empty. Lies.

Tasha pat my back. "I'm so sorry Honey."

I was in a daze the rest of the shopping spree. What was it in me that attracted his wolf, I had no idea. Two months had passed since I was turned by him. It was a struggle to defy him.

Tasha decided to grab a quick lunch. I followed her silently, lost in my thoughts until something pricked at my senses. I looked up and was struck with the scene in front of me. On the other side of the restaurant was a woman, a couple years older than me. She looked gorgeous and with her was Tristan. He was not wearing his police uniform and he looked extremely handsome in his casual clothes. My heart squeezed painfully. How I missed him.

Tristan laughed, his deep voice drifting through me, adding pain to my wound. His hand closed over the woman affectionately. The smile he gave her was so breath taking I experienced another painful blow to my heart. He never looked at me like that. I took in a ragged breath. Even breathing proved to be difficult as the pain of his betrayal coursed through me.

How could this happen?

How could he carelessly made me fall for him, made me think that he likes me, made me hold out to the idea that he loves me too?

I couldn't take the scene any longer and so for the second time that day, I fled leaving Tasha behind.

I didn't know where I was supposed to go but then Yuan found me first and forced me to the car. Tasha asked me what's wrong and I refused to speak. When we got home, I had every intention of locking myself in my room.

Rage and pain from the betrayal made me weak. Mindlessly I walked up the stairs and found myself in front of Roarke's room. The door opened and revealed him. A towel wrapped around his waist. His muscular chest glinting with water. He looked like he had just stepped out of the shower. My heart, suddenly relieved of the pain it felt moments ago started to beat at the sight of him.

My mind went blank, the betrayal fading away and before I could think, I stepped closer to him, my hands snaking up to his nape. He didn't move, his eyes trained on me and yet his body was rigid with tension. I was well aware this was a mistake but when the image of Tristan and the woman he was with flashed in my mind, it made me desperate to forget him.

"Make me forget." I whispered, not caring if I sound seductive or pleading to him.

I found out it was the least of my concern as his one of his hand pulled me closer to him, every inch of him pressed up to me. For a moment my mind cleared, panic slowly setting in.

Roarke growled. "Too late." And then he crushed his lips to mine.